The Cursed Katana

In Japan, not the one we know. The one from hundreds of years ago. There was a young girl. Her name unknown, but she had a secret. A secret that if anyone one found out it could get her killed. Now, before you learn her secret, you must learn her past.
   One day the girl was walking through the woods by her home. She spent hours upon hour in these woods. She knew them like the back of her hand. "Wait, what it's that?" She thinks to herself. "I've never seen ruins in these woods before." She walks towards the ruins. The ruins are the most beautiful things she ever laid her eyes on. She looks up to the sky. Then she bows her head "Great guardians of these magnificent ruins, please allow me to enter." She waits for a sign of approval. A warm wind blows though the woods, carrying cherry blossom and sakura tree leaves. The wind whips around the girl "Enter, yes you may. Take, one thing you can."

She walks through the ruins, a warm smile resting on her face

She walks through the ruins, a warm smile resting on her face. In the middle is a small chest like object. Made completely of a shiny stone. She approaches it. When she reaches it she kneels. Bowing her head, placing her hands and forehead on the lid. She closed her eyes, thing thinking "Great guardians and previous owner of the item in the chest, may I open it and take whatever lays inside?" She stays the way she is. Feeling something touch her head, she slowly raises her head and sees a spirit "Yes child you may, but know what lays inside this chest is cursed. Will you still take it knowing this? Yes it might grant you great abilities, but there is a price. Are you will to pay this?" The young girl thinks it over. She has no family, they've all been murdered or sold. She has no friends, never had. No one to miss her. Looking at the spirit she nods "I will. It will give me the chance to protect others. To do the things that no one did for me. I will pay the price by giving my voice and early memories. No older then 10. I will take the risk." The spirit smiles. Then it reaches a finger to girls forehead, taking her memories. Then too her throat, taking her voice. "You will be called The Cursed. You can open the chest now" the spirit disappears.
In the chest is a katana (up top) purple. With remarkable engravings. She picks it up. It's weighed just perfectly, like it's meant just for her. She does couple test swings and stabs. It whistles going through the air. She loves it. It reflects her soul. This is her past. Her secret is next. Do you want to know it?