No way out of this one

~Sapphires POV~

Life for me has never been easy. Ever since I was 10 years old, I had to work harder than any of the other girls in school.

They were handed everything while I had to work for what I wanted... and sometimes not even then. Anger and sadness dominate my heart entirely. It's all I've known, so know it's all I feel. There is no love that I can boast upon because I've never known what love feels like. I'm alone in this world, but I've grown to accept the harsh reality of what my life has become.

Sweat pours out of my body in large amounts, my muscles hurt with every twist and turn but I still keep on moving. I'm currently washing dishes on the back of a very luxurious and expensive restaurant. I need the money so I recently got hired here.

I needed a place to escape from the beatings at home, so this was the best thing I could do to spend my miserable time. Its the only way I can release the anger I have built up in me from years and years of suffering. I needed to escape.

Everyone in the outside knows my uncle Robert as a very caring and nice man. But he's actually the devil incarnation. He's the reason for most of my suffering. He's the reason why I wake up with bruises on my delicate skin in the mornings, why I became a cold-hearted person and the reason I'm saving up all my money to leave this damn place.

This makes me wash the dishes faster.

No one dares to talk to me or even make so much as eye contact with me. They know not to mess with me, they already know how cold hearted I am. Rumors are all I hear when I turn my back on these people, but I don't do anything to shush their lies. I simply just don't care anymore. It used to hurt when I was too weak to defend myself back then, but one day everything just became too much and I exploded.

Ever since then... they don't mess with me.

"Sapphire, stop what you're doing and follow me please." My boss tells me in his strong authoritative voice. I remember being so scared of him when I was younger. Until one day he found me crying in the employee's bathroom, hugging myself because I felt like my whole world was falling apart. But he came near me when everyone else wouldn't. He gave me encouraging words when everyone else told me lies and discouraged me, he was there for me when I needed someone. He's the only one I tolerate being in a room with.

This dude, that I don't even know the name of, comes and takes my place washing the dishes. I set aside my apron and gloves then follow my boss Enrique to his office. I can't help but have a weird feeling that grows with each passing second, I've only had this feeling two times in my life... and they were the ones that changed the course of my life forever.

"Is there anything I can do for you, Enrique?" I say with a soft voice. I then take a seat in front of his wide, dark wooden desk. By the looks of him, he seems very exhausted, his dark brown eyes have bags under them. His wide shoulders slump forward, and his forehead is filled with stress wrinkles.

"Actually yes that's why I called you up sapphire, I have an offer that I don't think you want to pass up," he says in his raspy voice. Curiosity and interest fill my eyes at the sudden possibility he has waiting for me at this very moment.

"Alright, I'm listening," I say. My nervousness increases in the pit of my stomach.

"So one of my good friends just opened up a catering business and he's short on staff. It's a very important event filled with powerful, influential business people that will hopefully help expand his business, so he asked me to lend him one of my most trusted and hard-working employees at my restaurant." He looks at me seriously before he adds...

"Sapphire, you were the first person that popped into my head when I received this call," he says. I'm shocked, very shocked. I agree that I'm very hard working, but for him to think of me when he got this call was very surprising.