Can things get any worse?

~Eversons POV~

"You did what?!" I shout to my incompetent assistant that just ruined all my conferences I was going to have this evening. Anger fills inside of me with all of the connections I could have built to make my empire the strongest anyone has ever seen.

I worked very hard to have the best of the best working for me so that nothing could ever go wrong, but one day my secretary begged me to hire her brother that was jobless for five months straight. Now I know why nobody wanted him.

But I couldn't say no to a pregnant woman, plus she has been loyal to me for 10 years straight so I gave in to her wishes. I'm not a horrible person, if I see someone who needs a helping hand I will help them to the best of my abilities. But you should learn to never mess with my meetings, there the ones that make connections and connections bring mergers and mergers bring projects that will expand my company and bring me more money.

My strategic plan for all these years is what made me one of the top 10 billionaires in the world. It doesn't just take one person to build an empire, it takes dedication and hard work from everyone. But clearly, this person doesn't understand that.

"I'm so sorry sir I was very tired taking care of my niece and accidentally send the wrong emails to the wrong people and now they're all coming in different times an-" I raise my hand to signal him to stop talking. He goes quiet and looks at me with sad apologetic eyes.

I can't stand to look at him anymore. I turn around to look at the beautiful city of New York that's right in front of me. I own one of the tallest buildings in this beautiful city, something that I worked so hard for when I was younger. I remember walking home from school, stressed out of my mind because I didn't know were my next meal would come from, but looking up at the skyscrapers and magnificent tall buildings gave me a sense of reassurance. I swore to myself that one day I would own one of these buildings and become a very successful man one day.

I take a deep breath, trying to calm my raging temper, and close my eyes. I slowly turn around to find him, Josh, sitting on on the chairs with his elbows on his knees, and his hands holding his face. He looks bored and uninterested, he doesn't want this job.

"Josh, I cant have someone messing up my meetings. That's one of the most important things you have to do right if you want to be my personal assistant. You lack motivation and dedication towards work hard and I just can't have that."

"w-what are you trying to say, boss?" his voice is trembling with fear at the sudden change of atmosphere. I feel bad for him, I really do. It must be horrible having no motivation to succeed, in a city like this, if you don't want to fight to have a better life, people will eat you alive and leave you in the streets. I would know...

"what I'm trying to say is that I can no longer have you as my personal assistant," I say firmly. I feel like a weight has just been lifted off my shoulders. I always had to double check his work because he would mess up far too many times. I'm sick of it. It's time to find a new personal assistant.

"No sir please I need this job to pay the rent and bills, please sir have mercy, please!" he says. Josh is on the floor with tears in his eyes, what a weak man. It's humiliating and I pity his family for having to deal with this grown man. I cant deal with him right now, I'm calling my other assistant, Veronica to come deal with him.

I go towards my phone and call her right away. "Hello, Veronica can you please come to my office immediately, thank you." I hang up and I see Josh trying to compose himself.

"Sir whats going to happen to me know?"

"Josh I understand that you need money to pay for your necessities and things like that but I cant have you work personally for me anymore, you will be assigned somewhere else for the time being. Veronica will help you with that." With that Veronica knocks two times and enters my office.