KuGr

(KuGr - pronounced Cougar)

Rubbing a hand over the fine features of his face, Griffin stares into the mirror as he sits down and sets the books in his hands on the counter. He honestly can't tell what the big deal is about him that makes everybody go crazy. It still surprises him how much reaction he gets for a single smirk or a wink. Looking closer at his face in the mirror, he sees the heavy bags under his eyes at the lack of sleep and the dryness of his tan skin. People will be teasing him incessantly about playing video games until dawn again. With a sigh, he leans back in the seat and closes his eyes. He wishes that was the reason. It would make everything so much simpler. The truth is so much more complicated. The sound of the door opening startles him but he doesn't move from his position knowing it's probably some of the staff coming in to get ready for the photo shoot.

"P'Griffin, are you okay?" The familiar voice of his on-screen lover and real life friend is full of concern and forces him to sit up quickly. Round brown eyes find his and the younger man steps closer to set a hand on Griffin's forehead, as if to check for a fever. "What's wrong? Are you not feeling well?"

"I'm fine. Don't worry, Kusa." Reaching up, Griffin pulls the slim hand down. The touch leaves behind a light tingle of coolness that he almost puts it back on his forehead but resists the urge.

"Are you sure?" Kusa asks doubtfully and kneels down to look up at Griffin.

"I'm sure." They stay silent, staring into each other's eyes.

"Khun Kusa, can you please sit over here so we can start on your hair?" Both men look up at the question and find several people have joined them in the large room. Kusa stands with a smile and releases the hand that he's still holding to go sit in the chair indicated where his hair stylist and makeup artist are waiting. Griffin also has two people near him getting the tools of their trade ready on the counter. Three others are running through the various outfits hanging up on the other side of the room.

"You were up playing your games again, weren't you, Khun Griffin." It isn't a question. His makeup artist clicks her tongue at him and doesn't wait for a confirmation before continuing to lecture him. "I've told you before that you really need a full night's sleep so I have a fresh face to work with. You are lucky you are so handsome and that my skills are fantastic or you'd look like a zombie for the whole shoot today."

"Sorry, p'Suzie." Griffin bows his head and looks up at her through his lashes, hoping for forgiveness and for it to end the lecture. A sigh escapes Suzie's lips as she looks at his pitiful appearance.

"Fine. I can't stay mad at you when you give me that look. Time to work my magic."

"You are the best of the best, p'Suzie," Griffin says with a wide grin.

"P'Griffin, quit flirting with her. I am sitting right here, you know." Kusa pouts over at his p', showing off adorably squeezable cheeks.

"Sorry, Kusa." Unable to resist, Griffin stands up and walks close to the younger man and softly pinches one cheek. It's more of a caress of the soft smooth skin and makes a small smile appear with twin dimples peeking out. Fascinated by the sweet indents, Griffin pokes one and then the other making Kusa laugh.

"Um, Khun Griffin? We still have to do your hair and makeup."

"Yes." Without taking his eyes off his friend, Griffin walks back to his chair and sits down.

Much later, the guys are groomed to perfection and have entered separate changing rooms to dress in the clothes the stylist handed to them. Griffin comes out first and immediately there are hands straightening the open collar of his simple black button-down dress shirt and smoothing out invisible creases. A couple minutes later, the other door opens and Kusa enters with his head bowed as he fiddles with the white cuff on his wrist. When he raises his head, their eyes catch and neither can look away... or even breathe.