Chapter 2

Sleep deprived thats what I had become, books and bed had become my companion. Tears had washed away, but the pain was still lurking around, a dirty reminder of my doomed life. It had been exactly 2 weeks, 12 days and 15 hrs since I saw my dreams vanishing like a puff of smoke. All the crying had got my head heavy. My cellphone chimed near my head, I knew my cellphone was overloading with number of calls and texts, but ignoring them seemed to be a better option for me. I pushed myself up from the soft crumpled sheets underneath me and picked my cellphone to see the caller. I frowned at the number that displayed on the cellphone, it was not a local number. I answeed the call and before I could mutter a hello I was ambushed with a shrill voice at the other end, I recogonised the voice too well, it had to be my sister Eva. She was always loud and chirpy, you could say that was her way of overcoming the bad or maybe it was just her teenage hormones. But sometimes her optimism really made me feel like a ant.

"Oh now you answer, whats got your mouth, will you open your mouth Ems. I have been out for 2 months and when I'm back I hear nothing from you. Are you alright?. James said you where not answering his calls. He is flipping out right now, and so am I. Will you open your stupid mouth and confirm that you are still functioning Ems!" My sister screached at the other end, damaging my hearing skills. God! will this woman ever learn to speak softly.

"Eva, will you stop shouting" I grouch at my sister who might be definantely hyperventilating."Ease, I am perfectly fine."

"Well thats good to hear, afer two weeks of losing our brains. Because our stupid sister thought ignoring the calls will be the brightest thing she can do!". Eva screched yet again. Gosh that girl is deafening! I needed peace right now. She was the last thing i wanted to entertain.

"Eva, is there something important you called me for?" I grumble, Eva always has a habit of forgeting her motive, and tailing on the useless topic.

"Yes I did call you for something important, but I thought that was not so much important than my sisters well being." Eva seethed at the other end. Okay! fine, I get it I'm a bit grumpy but she clearly needs to stop with all her melodrama.

"Fine, spill whats got you so over the edge." I say, pinching the bridge of nose and dragging a huge breath to calm my muscles. It was high time I stopped mourning and get on with my life.

"GINGER" Eva yips her name. Good god, whats ginger done to get Eva so rilled up. Ginger clearly was getting under everyone of our skins recently. I ingore the jab of pain in my stomach, and concentrate on Eva's yapping.

"She clearly needs to learn the word 'privacy', that woman needs to learn that poking her nose in someone else's business is clearly not appreciated.' Eva huffs on the other end, trying to tone her breath down. Eva was pissed. And when Eva is pissed it is better if you raise a white flag and surrender.

"Chill Catty, what has she done now?." I say getting up from my bed and walkin over to the bathroom. the cool tiles nip my warm legs and it makes me want to slip under the warm cover of my bed. I stagger along the huge piles of dirty clothes and number of take outs tossed on the apartment floor. Clearly ginger had forgotten that she lives in a house and not a dumping ground.

"Ems, that woman has crossed her boundries. The other day she shows up at our house unannounced I might add, just to tell mum and dad that I've been dating a boy for 5 months, and on top of that she feigned about how she worried about my safety. She actually-" Before she could get another noisy shrill out from that mouth i stopped her.

"Wait, did I hear a boyfriend?" I question, wow! my sister is growing fast. I wonder what James got to say about this? I bet he might be pounding punches down that poor boys throat. I stiffle a laugh at Eva's condition. I had been there once and it was clearly troublesome period. James was just a class above me so he had made sure that before his sister enters the arena of the school all the guys look the opposite direction, for years I thought I was just not beautiful enough to attract any male attention. But then I realised I had a huge madcap walking besides me. But I could say Eva was lucky enough that she didn't have her own personal hound dog cramping her high school days.