Chapter 8

Hey guys, sorry about the extremely short chapter. We had complications, but we'll be able to make that up in the next update. See you then!

~☆~
Ichigo's POV

It was the day of the battle against Miya, and Ichigo's teammates all seemed extremely nervous, perhaps even more nervous than her, if that was possible. As prepared as Ichigo thought herself to be, there was always the chance that she would lose. Ichigo shuddered at the thought. Not only would it be disappointing, Kashino would most likely try to kill her-- if Miya didn't get to suffocating him with her hugs first.

Vanilla flitted around her anxiously. "Ichigo, are you ready for the competition?"

Ichigo gulped. "I- I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

"The competition's going to start soon, so I'll just be off there to the side. Good luck!"

Ichigo watched Vanilla fly away and she waited until the school director came in through the doors of the kitchen, with Mari alongside him. They walked in front of the two and the director sat down. Mari began speaking, "It's time. We'll now begin Koshiro Miya and Amano Ichigo's match. Please make six custard puddings in two hours, three for Fumika Akahoshi and three for the school director, who will be your judges."

The school director smiled at them cheerfully. "I expect delicious puddings!"

Fumika nodded her head. "Yes, I'm sure that both of you will do well."

Ichigo glanced at Miya again. She was currently pulling off the smuggest expression that Ichigo had ever seen, and she looked back at Ichigo with that... irritating expression, before sending a wink to Kashino. Ichigo pressed her lips together, looking away. 'I can't lose this competition.'

~☆~
Fumika's POV

Fumika watched Ichigo's movements carefully. She was a little curious when she saw Ichigo prepare two batches. What was Ichigo planning to do? Making two batches would only waste her time. She looked to the side, where she noticed that the Sweets Princes were confused as well.

She narrowed her eyes, watching Ichigo leave one batch heating and taking one batch out early. 'She's doing this on purpose? What could she possibly be planning?'!

Fumika turned her attention to Miya, who was already putting her batch into the oven.

Fumika narrowed her eyes but shrugged it off. She closed her eyes and waited patiently for them to both finish.

Miya served her dish and the chairman took a bite. Fumika cut a piece, frowned, and set her spoon down without tasting it.

Ichigo set down a pudding with golden caramel in front of Fumika and a darker, browner color, in front of the chairman.

Fumika tasted it. 'Sweet. The one the chairman has is definitely bitter. Could this be her plan? Not bad.'

Fumika gave Mari her vote and so did the chairman.

"The judges have voted and the winner is.....Amano Ichigo." Mari announced.

~☆~
Ichigo's POV

Ichigo blinked at Mari, floored. She had... won? Even though Miya had used the finest eggs and milk, Ichigo had won regardless.

Miya turned around and glared at Ichigo, tears in her eyes. "Don't get conceited, Amano Ichigo. You just got lucky this time! I'll make you regret winning this in the Grand Prix!" She turned and stared at Kashino, a frustrated expression on her face, and stormed away with the two boys running after her.

Although Ichigo could not help but wince at Miya's miserable expression, she was still glad that she had been able to keep her place in the team for the Grand Prix.

The team headed out into the garden, celebrating over Ichigo's win.

"Now you don't have to team up with Koshiro-san!" Ichigo grinned, giddy over the rush of adrenaline the competition had given her.

"Yeah..." Kashino shivered. "She was quite scary earlier, though."

Ichigo perked up when she noticed Mari walking towards them. "I wonder if you've made an enemy out of Chateau Sweets?"

"T-Tennouji-san! Thank you for everything!"

"I'm sure that everything will turn out fine." A mischievous smile came across Mari's face. "After all, you five all have Sweets Spirits with you."

Ichigo, Vanilla, as well as the Sweets Princes and their fairies, gasped. Ichigo couldn't help but notice that Fumika had no such reaction. She would ask her about that later, when she wasn't in such a state of shock.

"I'm looking forwards to what kinds of cake you'll create in the future." Mari walked away, turning her head as she passed by them, a gleaming golden fairy shining by her shoulder. "Let's meet again in the Grand Prix."