Would You?

"If I gave you $100,000 to quit your job right now and come work for me, would you?" 

 I, Jung Hoseok, was standing there, covered in coffee and frosting stains. In front of me, was Min Yoongi. The handsome, rich, and famous CEO of BigHit Entertainment. 

And he.

Was asking me

To work for him

But let's not start here! We'll start from the beginning. Which still, wasn't too long ago.

*2 weeks ago*

~Hoseok's P.O.V~

I open my front door to the brisk autumn air of Seoul. Walking down the front steps, I fish around my backpack for my bike key and unlock my bike from the rack. I start pedaling, breathing in some fresh air to wake myself up a little more before I get to work.

My name is Jung Hoseok, I'm 21 years old, I'm going to college here in Seoul as a major in dance, I live with three crazy roommates, and I work at a little cafe down the street. My life is pretty average, but I like it that way. Maybe, I should get a dog. Or... Not. My roommates would probably kill it. On accident of course!

I pull up to the cafe and walk in. Looks like I'm not the first one in today, I think to myself while grabbing my apron off my designated hook. My coworker, Sanha, walks in from the back kitchen. "Hey Hobi! Looks like I beat you here this morning" he said with a snicker. "Yeah, alright well, considering you've never even been on time once in the last month, I don't think you should be talking. I'm surprised you haven't been fired already" I tell him, laughing. He rolls his eyes playfully and walks behind the counter to start the ovens. I open the windows to let some air and sunshine in. It was a beautiful day. The sky was a cloudless, pale blue, the sun was out, and the cute little shops on the streets were all starting to open the doors. It made me happy. I was enjoying the scene until I saw someone across the street. Just staring at me. So, I stare too. He's close enough that I'm able to see him, his jet black hair and pale skin, he had a cute pink tint to his nose and cheeks, and he looked so damn familiar. I stare a little bit longer and he stares back. His gaze was hard and cold, and it seemed like he wasn't going anywhere, so I gave up. You win this time, mysterious man. I turn around and walk back into the kitchen to start making dough for the pastries. People start filing in and Sanha starts taking orders. I get to work. A couple hours later, we switch positions and I'm at the front counter. We get pretty good business, especially in the morning, cause who doesn't love their morning coffee? It's still sort of early, 8:30am and I'm taking orders. We get the usual customers, like Seokjin who likes an iced coffee (but with exactly seven ice cubes. No more, no less), one chocolate doughnut and one black coffee for his boss. He walks in and smiles. "Hey Hoseok!"

" Hi Seokjin, the usual? " I ask, smiling back. He comes in every day so, we're on friendly terms.

"Actually, cancel the black coffee, my boss said he needs some fresh air and wants to get some himself. But everything else is the usual. Thanks Hoseok!" He says.

I nod, and get the order to Sanha, who knows what to do by now. A few minutes later I give Seokjin his order and he's on his way. "See you tomorrow!" He says as he blows a kiss. He always does that, I chuckle and wave back. A couple more hours go by and soon it's my lunch break. By now, my other co workers, Jackson and Bogum have shown up, so Sanha and I get to take our break with no worries. I sit down at a random table in the cafe and start eating my noodles. I look down and see that my roommates have texted me

🌈 Roommates 4 lyfe ULTIMATE Group Chat of Friendship💀

BabyBunny:HOBI YOU NEEEEED TO COME HOME RIGHT NOW

BabyBunny: PLEASE! JIMIN ALREADY BROKE THE SINK

ChimChim: I DIDN'T MEAN TO I'M SORRY SEOKIE I LOVE YOU

ChimChim: It wasn't my fault anyway! At least I tried to catch it, jungkook yoU faKe hOE

GucciTaeTae: Hoseok pleeeeeease get home, we about to nuke the house. There's a scorpion in the kitchen and everyone lost their shit.

HobiHobiGoldenHyung: ok, Taehyung thank you for being actually semi normal for once, my shift ends in two hours, I'll catch the scorpion. All three of you, leave the house NOW before you do anymore damage. Go to the store or something, we need more milk anyway.

ChimChim: thank you bless your heart Hobi ily

BabyBunny: thank 🙏

GucciTaeTae: ok let's jet, guys.

I close my phone and sigh, why the hell... I don't know. They're insane. I have 5 minutes left of my lunch break. I stand up and throw my food away. I look around and literally my heart stops. It's the... It's that mysterious guy. AND HE'S STARING at me. And that's when it hits me. He looks so familiar because. Because that's the CEO of BigHit Entertainment. Min Yoongi. The Min Yoongi. He's famous. People in the cafe are casting looks his way and whispering. He's just sitting here in our cafe, and that's great! But why is he staring at me???? He hasn't ordered anything, there's nothing at his table and I swear, he wasn't there two seconds ago. I look over and Bogum is at the counter taking orders. So it's not like he's waiting.... What is going on. I just slowly walk back to the kitchen, hoping he'll go away. I put my apron back on and start boxing some donuts until I hear Bogum call my name.

"Hoseok, someone specifically requested for you to take their order. Well, I mean he said the Orange haired boy, and from what I see, that's you" he gestures to my hair.

I gulp. Please don't be him, I plead internally as I walk out of the kitchen.

It's him. Ugh, and he's like real handsome, wow. He smiles a little bit, and my heart melts.

"Hello,sir! How can I help you today?" I say cheerfully

"Hi, can I get one black coffee. That's it." He said in a kinder voice than I thought.

"Yes of course, that'll be right out, sir." I say

He smiles again and sits down. A few minutes later, his coffee is ready. I decided to walk to his table and give him his coffee, since he specifically wanted me, for some reason, and he also left a 'more than generous' tip.

"Here's your coffee, sir." I say, as I set the coffee down on his table.

"Thanks Hoseok, call me Yoongi." He said, looking to my name tag.

" Ok, Yoongi. Enjoy your coffee! " I say, walking away. He waves and I see him get up and leave. He was so intimidating, even though he was smaller than me, and he was handsome!! That was nerve wracking.

Thank goodness, I never have to see him again. I thought to myself.

And boy, was I wrong. 

(A/N): hey guys!! Here's another update on this new short story I'll be working on. I got the idea from a friend and I'm glad to be writing again. Thanks so much for the support! I've been getting more and more reads recently and I'm super excited about that. so thanks again. I'll be at camp for six days and I won't be able to write but I'll be thinking of ideas the whole time I'm away so, be ready! Thank you for everything and I hope you enjoyed!!

~Lil Dynamite