1

Hiiii. I've been dared to post a story on wattpad so here I am.
I hope you enjoy it because it will mean a lot to me.
This story and its ideas are strictly mine, I wouldn't want anyone to steal any of them.
I'd love it if you notify me on any mistakes I got.
Thank you. Enjoy.

----------------------------------------

Chapter 1

If luck was to to be divided to people like food, then I'm sure I won't get any since I was probably asleep.
That's how unlucky I am.

I just returned from jail. No, I didn't kill anybody. I was indeed visiting my dad, though the police officers notified me that he couldn't make it because of health issues.
Oh daddy, I hope they're treating you well.

My parents got divorced when I was thirteen. I stayed with my dad, while my sister Ella stayed with mom. Fairly, I haven't seen both of them for 7 years now and I miss them. They knew about dad's situation, but both of them didn't feel any ounce of sympathy towards me, for mom sent me an invitation card for her wedding, the day he got arrested. I didn't go.

My dad got arrested and to get out. We'll have to pay five hundred thousand dollars and we don't have any.

I was flipping channels when one advertisement caught my eye.

It was like any other cliché commercial, but it was a competition. A beauty one. And the winner gets a check with one million dollars. Damn.
I got the details I needed to participate and voilá here I am at the auditions.

Yes. Apparently you have to audition, since only hundred girls can participate.

I entered the room and found hundreds of beautiful girls caked with make-up, fake eye-lashes, plucked eyebrows. They are perfect. I can't stand a chance compared to them.

I think I'm pretty with my brown hair and blue eyes. It's such a beautiful contrast, if I say myself. But I think that coming here with only a mascara to hide my flaws is where I went wrong.

It was an instant acceptance or rejection, no choice inbetween.
And when I saw several girls ushered outside the room crying, that's when I lost it and the nerves started kicking in.

I was too busy wiping my sweaty hands when my name got called.

"Next! Skylar Evans"

I was frozen in my place until I finally mustered all the courage left and followed the lady.
We walked in a narrow hallway. It was blank, white walls only. I felt like it was interminable until we finally reached a door. Golden names were embroidered on the door. I couldn't read the names since the lady opened the door and gestured me to enter.
I felt like I was underdressed in my denim shorts and black shirt.
This is too stressful for a twenty-year-old girl.
"Please proceed to the front of the room, Miss Evans."
I did like I was told and I was met with four people seated at a mahogany table.

Oooh, judges. No peer pressure, at all.
At the corner left of the table was an old man, gray hair and crinkles on his face. He looked in his 50's, I assume. I guess he's the mean guy.
Next to him was an attractive woman, straight from a photoshoot catalogue. Blonde hair straightened to perfection, perfectly manicured nails. She was perfect. Her blue eyes narrowed in my direction, judging every flaw I have.
I gasped when I saw the person next to her. He was my age approximately and he was hot, literally.
He was busy playing with a pencil, stabling it on his nose until Miss Perfect slapped his shoulder and caused him to groan once the pencil fell. It was a funny sight.
Next to Mr.Hot was the lady that got me here.
Why won't Mr.Hot look at me? This is hurting my ego that didn't even exist.
"Hello, Miss Evans. Shall we start?" The old guy asked softly. He was too sweet to be mean.
I nodded.
"We'll ask you some questions and we want you to answer them honestly to grade you." He continued.

Exams even in summer? I mentally face-palmed myself.

I guess the old guy would be interviewing me. Better than the rest I guess.

"So what brings you here?"

"I guess I'd like to have some experience-" I heard a snort coming from Mr.Hot which caused me to roll my eyes "And I really need the prize." I said truthfully.

"Do you think you'll even have the chance to compete?" Miss Perfect raised her eyebrow at me.

"That's why I'm here, aren't I?" I cocked my head to the side.

"Miss Evans, we're the only ones who are allowed to ask questions, so I suggest you take your role by answering them only." She snapped.

Take a chill pill, woman.

"I'm sorry then."

She nodded in approval then turned to Mr.Hot.
"Any questions for her, Jake?"

He finally looked up and widened his eyes as if he finally knew that I existed in the room.
He whispered something in Miss Perfect's ear and she hit the back of his head and gave him a file. Mr Hot which is now known as Jake placed the pencil behind his ear and scanned the file with a furrow between his eyebrows.

Miss Perfect kept on proceeding with questions like 'what's my favorite make-up brand', 'how do I like my make-up' and some related stuff that didn't even make sense.

Then finally Jake decided to break the tension and raise his hand.
I raised my eyebrow at him.
"Are you a virgin?" He smirked, his green eyes judging every movement.

I choked on my saliva and coughed. What kind of question is this?

I wasn't the only one who thought the same since he got slapped from both ladies next to him.
"Ouch Angie, you could be sweeter. I am allowed to ask anything and this is my question." He raised his hands in act of surrender.

"So are you?" He asked.

"Nope, I'm not." I shook my head.

He smirked as a reply and placed the pencil back on his nose.
I wish it pokes his eye in the process.

"Okay, we'll make the decision now." old guy announced.

They all started whispering and I got bored. Even Jake was involved which is weird.

5 minutes passed until Jake spoke.

"Princess, this is just getting started."

"What hormonal Jake is trying to say is that you're in Skylar." Angie said.

---------------
A/N CHAPTER ONE YAYYY
Okay love youuu