Unrequited

"You know I don't even love you right?" those word simply break my heart into pieces...

***

I'm simply enjoying my life, just studying for my future and working hard to have money for myself, well obviously to help my family.

But then I met this man named Luke, he befriended me when he was new here in the city.

"Hello miss, I'm new here in the city. Uhm... I don't really have any background about this city" I was about to sip my coffee, this guy next door is completely ruining my morning.

"Hi, so what do you need?" be straight to the point, maybe it won't completely ruin my morning if he walks out.

"Can you be my friend?" I look at him, I was surprised by how handsome his face was.

"Sure," I said, now I expect him to go.

"Hey friend, may I know what your name is?" I just rolled my eyes secretly. Can someone please say to this guy to stop bothering me?

"I'm Clarisse, and you are?"

"I'm Luke, I just transferred here because my parents told me to" I feel bad for him, I can sense that he doesn't want to be far away from the place where he grows up.

"Can you give me a tour around the city? If you don't have anything to do today" I shrug my shoulders and see my schedule. It's weekend, it's my rest day.

"I don't have any schedule for today" I saw his face lightened, excited.

That's what happened when we first met. We enjoyed the rest of the day, I suddenly knew who he really is. We were happy together, being friends. The school year starts again, never knew this would happen.

"Are you done, Clarisse? We only have 20 minutes" I rolled my eyes, this guy is unbelievable. After I finish everything I walk out of my apartment and saw him leaning on the wall.

"You bored?" I ask, reminding him I'm already done and ready to go. "No, I'm excited!" he held my hand and starts to run.

We reached the school and still, his hand holds mine.

"We're already here, so you don't have any plan to release my hand?" I asked, I was expecting him to free my hand but he tightened his grip.

"Are you... Nervous?" I asked and he nodded, I just chuckled.

"You'll adjust here" but then I noticed where his eyes are set for...

One of the popular girls here, Lizzie. She has a goddess face, a body many girls dreamed of, as detailed by a girl who is admiring her.

Lizzie then walks in front of him "Hi, I'm Lizzie and you are?" her eyes then gaze on our hands. Luke quickly take his hands off mine and I heard Lizzie chuckled.

"I'm Luke" they shake hands and I can see how Luke smiled, this is so awkward and I should get going. I started to walk again, leaving the two who are now having a conversation. Why does it hurt? I don't want to feel this way...

Then time goes by, he's still my friend, well let me rephrase that, he's now my best friend according to him. He and Lizzie are also close, I don't know if he's only her fling or she like him.

"You know, Lizzie and I always have the same favourites! Can you believe that?" And here we are again, hearing the lame stories of Luke about him and Lizzie.

"You know I can feel that she likes me but trying to hold it back" I shrugged, I don't care about whatever their feelings for each other now.

"I have a plan" another plan again, he's been trying maybe a hundred times.