Chapter 2

Aaron’s Point Of View

After I finished using the bathroom, I walked out to see Jiana’s bedroom door open. I hesitated but walked inside quietly. She was standing near her bed with a picture in her hands. Actually, there were pictures on mostly all the walls. Pictures of her and her mom, her and her sister, her and that Arden girl, and her with a man. I stared at this one specifically because it was the cutest thing ever. It was her and her sister sitting on her mans lap. It looked like it was Christmas time. He was wearing a Navy uniform. “Sweet picture huh?” I crossed my arms and nodded. “That’s my dad in the navy uniform. I remember that day perfectly. It was Christmas morning back in 2011. I had just turn 12 a few months ago. We had no hope in his coming home that day but he surprised us. Me and Marv were so happy. He pulled us onto his lap and that’s when my mom snapped the picture. It was the happiest moment of my life. Not even realizing that 5 months later, he wouldn’t be with us anymore.” I could hear her voice crack a little at the end. She sniffed as I turned around looking at her with a sympathetic look. She wiped away here tears, trying not to mess up her makeup. “Don’t give me that look … Lets just go downstairs.” She grabbed my wrist and pulled me out. I got one last look at the picture before we were fully out of it. She did look happy. And I don’t know, seeing her cry just now made me feel some type of way.. Whatever.  I’ll get over it.

The Next Day.

I groaned. The sound of my alarm waking me up again. I grabbed my phone and squinted as I saw the time. I sighed when I saw it was 10am. I decided to just get up. I threw my legs to the side, kicking someone by accident. Honestly, I got scared. “What the-?” I was cut off my Arden’s head appearing from under the pillow. “It’s to early mom, let me sleep.” I shook my head. I had totally forgotten that she slept over. “Wake up Arden, we’re going to be active today.” She let out a very inhumanly groaned. “The community pool it is!” I smiled, only causing her to throw the pillow at my face. I just sighed and through it back. I left her in her pettiness as I went to changed. --------------- “Arden!” She hasn’t come downstairs yet and I really want to go out. I want to have a fun summer. When she finally came downstairs, I let my mom know we were going and we were out. “Jia, I don’t want to walk.” I rolled my eyes and threw my towel on my shoulder. “Arden, we’re not even half way there. The pools only a few houses down.” All of the sudden, she straightened up and smiled. I gave her my ‘wtf?’ face. She nodded her head behind me. Before I could even turned around, I heard a specific voice that made me feel extra insecure. “Hey Jiana … Arden.” He smiled at us. “Hey Aaron.” Arden exclaimed, happier than ever. I just waved a little. “You guys going to the pool?” He asked. Nosey much? After neither me and Arden answered, he continued. “I mean I would assume, I can the strings of your bathing suit around your neck..” He trailed off, quieting down a bit as he finished speaking. “Uhm yeah, we’re meeting some friends over there.” He nodded in response as he clutched his towel. Which for the record I didn’t know he had. Uh-oh. “We are?” Arden, being the dumbass she is, asked. “I was kinda hoping Aaron could come, ya know since he’s knew and all. We could help him make friends.” She was smiling ever so happily. “Oh I’m no-.” I cut him off, not really caring at the moment. I pulled her slightly away from him, hoping he couldn’t hear. “Arden..” I started but she didn’t let me continue. “Jia please. I know you kind it find of awkward since you told about last night with him and you telling him about your dad, but let’s just help him out.” I rolled my eyes and sighed as I nodded my head. She clapped excitedly and pulled me back towards him. “To the pool it is! Let’s go get you friends!” Arden grabbed both of our hands and pulled us into the direction of the pool.

-----------------------------------------------------------

“Looks like he doesn’t need our help huh?” I muttered, crossing my eyes as I stared at Aaron talk to Mahogany, which is a friend from school. “I thought you said he was new?” She was pouting now. He is. I mean he’s suppose to be, right? I didn’t have time to respond because Aaron was infront of us with the girl. “Guy, this is Mahogany. But you probably knew that already.” He chuckled lightly. Can I just say that, that was probably the cutest thing ever. “Yeah Aaron, I know these girls. I have every single class with Jiana, and a few with Arden.” She smiled as she spoke. Neither, me or Arden said anything. We were obviously confused. “You guys are probably confused .. I knew Mahogany before I came here. I’m not new – new. I’m just new in the neighborhood. You guys probably know Shawn, Matt, Carter, all of them right? Yea so do I.” He grinned at us. But I was still confused. “That’s cool! At least we can all hang out without the awkwardness.” Arden exclaimed. But we’re not friends with them. I’m only friends with Cameron because Mahogany introduced me to him and we instantly became close friends. He treats me like a little sister… But the rest of them? I don’t know them like that. I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and saw Sariya and Amber. Sariya’s Cameron’s girlfriend. At first we didn’t like each other because of the whole ‘me being her boyfriends’ best friend’ but we got to know each other and we’re really close. And Amber is a little bit younger than us. She’s dating Hayes. Which is Nash’s little brother. Yes, I‘m not exactly friends with all of them but I know what’s up. Like I know who Nash’s dating. Rumor has it that he’s dating Elisa Hernandez. We have the same last name but we’re not related. Aha, okay anyways, I’m not sure. She hasn’t told me yet. The weird thing is that I’m not friends with them, but I’m friends with their girlfriends. Barbara’s dating Carter. Janelle’s dating Matt. Heavin’s dating Shawn. Gwen’s dating Taylor. Charlene and Cynthia are dating the Jack’s … Separately of course. Charlene has Gilinsky. Cynthia has Johnson. I’m probably boring you, sorry. Back to the story. “Hey Jia.” Sariya smiled. I smiled back politely. “Hey guys, you made it!” These were the friends I was talking about. Amber nodded and looked down at her phone. “I hope you don’t mind, I may have invited Hayes by accident. I forgot you told me it was a girls day.” She said nervously. I shook my head at her. “No problem, Arden invited Aaron anyways. We bumped into him on our way here.” I muttered, lightly pointing at him. They both looked behind me and nodded. “You finally met him.” Amber whispered, seeing that Mahogany and Arden were talking to him. “Since Aaron’s here and Hayes is coming, can I tell Cam he can come? And tell the other girls they can bring the guys too?” Sariya said cautiously. All I did was sigh. “Why not?” I smiled sarcastically. Won’t this be fun..