Worth (A TBNRfrags and BajanCanadian fanfic)

I remember the first thing my mother said to me when I got my eyebrow pierced.

“Was it worth it?”

At the time, what she meant was if the pain was worth it. In that moment, I had no doubt in my mind that the silver plated ring above my eye was worth any amount of pain. That was, until, it got infected. The doctor told me there was a chance that I would go blind in my left eye. I cannot even begin to express just how filled with devastation and regret I was. I had wished, so very much, that I had never got it done in the first place, especially at the impressionable and mindless age of 13. The regret I felt was almost as much as the relief I received when the doctor gave me the all clear and told me my infection was all cleared up. I vowed to myself to never get another piercing again.

I remember arriving home after that final doctor’s appointment, walking inside with my dad and flopping onto my bed in relief. My mother walked in, and she asked me;

“So, was it all worth it?”

Of course I told her it absolutely wasn’t. That was the truth.

You see, worth can change depending on the events in our lives that take place. Self-worth is no exception. Before I moved high schools I knew where I stood in the world. I knew that I was loved, and I knew what my life was worth. I knew that I was worth more than any amount of money could claim. In my eyes, all humans were. That was, until, I made some more regrettable choices, and my strong outlook and opinions on the world were lost between the mix up of love, loss, and heartbreak. Until I met him.

And he was worth more than anything else I’d ever known.

... But which one was he?

(A/N)

Hey guys! So I'm uploading my first story on this account... :D I'm really hoping it turns out well, I have some good ideas for it (I think :P). So feedback on this little intro would be great, I'll probably post the first chapter soon!