Chapter 4~ May I Help You?

Chapter 4~

"Alright, Ash... Spill." Candace, also called Candy by her friends, grinned wickedly. "Cole is a total hottie, so there's no way you don't like him. But what's going on with you two?"

"We're friends." I raised my eyebrows. "As if that isn't obvious."

"But there's more than friendship blooming there." Candy rolled her eyes. She pulled out a container of lipgloss and looked in the bathroom mirror. She applied her cotton-candy-colored lipgloss to her puckered lips, smacking them once done, and turning right back toward me. "Everyone can see it."

"Everyone?" I rolled my eyes. "Everyone can see something that isn't there?"

"No, but they can see something that is there." She raised a perfectly sculpted eyebrow in my direction. Shaking her head, she pulled me out of the bathroom and toward our class, which we both had with Cole. "That's it. You are introducing me today."

"What?" I yelped. "There's no way. Not even if Hell froze over."

"How about if it froze twice?" She asked, pushing out her bottom lip into a puppydog pout.

"Oh, no. You are not pulling that on me." I tried to avert my eyes, but was too slow as my defenses gave way. "Alright, fine!"

We entered the classroom, immediately searching for Cole. My eyes landed on him almost instantly. My smile brightened and I began speed walking toward the chair next to his, only to stop when one of the school sluts, Amber, sat down exactly where I was going to, giving me a silent glare before turning to him.

"Hey. I don't think I've ever seen you here before." She winked, causing my blood to boil. I stormed to the desk behind Cole's ignoring him when he called out my nickname. If I had answered, I knew I would've blown up on him. "So what do you say I give you a VIP tour, starting with the janitor's closet?"

"No thanks, I already have someone to show me around." He smiled, tight-lipped. "And you stole her spot. So if you could please..." He shooed her away with his hands, "I would really appreciate it."

She grunted, standing up abruptly and raising her hand, about to slap him when Candy caught it. "Don't even think about it, Omega. You know I can make you regret it."

"You wouldn't." Amber turned up her nose in defiance. Candy glared at her, more feirce than I had ever seen her. My eyebrows furrowed. What does she mean 'Omega?' I thought to myself.

"Try me." Candy smirked in triumph as she saw Amber shrink into herself. Amber bowed her head and Candy let go of her hand. "Go sit down."

"Yes, Candy." Amber did as she was told, walking to the back of the room alone and sliding quietly into a seat.

I stood up, walking to the desk she'd just vacated. My anger was fading rapidly, so I sat down next to Cole. "So..."

"So." Cole smiled sadly. I returned it with a sad smile of my own before turning to the front. I didn't want to talk to anybody. I was thinking about what Candy had said-both things. Was there something there already with Cole? And what the heck could she mean by an 'Omega?'

"Oh, come on, Ace." Cole begged. "Just say something to me. I didn't do anything wrong, so I don't see why you're already ignoring me."

"I'm not." I smiled at him. "I'm just thinking about something Candy said. And you hadn't said anything before or after 'so,' so if anything, you were ignoring me."

"But I wasn't ignoring you." His eyebrows furrowed. "I was trying to talk to you through our minds."

"Our minds?" I raised a single eyebrow. "And how'd that work out for you?"