Prelude

Carter's POV
Where am I?
A popular question, I suppose, that everyone asks.
I know where I am, though.
In the back of a stolen military van, heading to the center of Africa.
I was taken from my family in LA, the only family I'd ever known.
I remembered how it all started
Flashback:
"Carter! Maria! Your father's home!" called our mom, at the bottom of the stairs.
Maria and I were finishing up our homework when she called, so of course, we abandoned what we were doing, raced downstairs and tackled our father down to the ground and he laughed and swung Maria and me off our feet, marched over to our mom and gave her a peck on the cheek.
When he set us down, he noticed my bruised knuckles and sighed.
"What happened this time?" he asked as he cleaned the bloody skin and I winced in pain.
"They were bullying Maria and Wayne again but this time it was worse. They were hanging Wayne upside down from the swing set and they had Maria cornered at the door and the teachers didn't do a damn thing! They just stood there just because they were afraid of them. Afraid of 12 YEARS OLDS!!!! It made me so mad I just marched up to the leader and gave him a hard sock in the nose. Everyone was shocked because his nose was bleeding. His buddies tried to hurt me but somehow I managed to dodge them all and....."
My father interrupted me by holding up his hand and slowly said,"You avoided their punches?!"
I nodded and he paled noticeably, to the point that I thought he was going to faint.
After dinner, I went upstairs and went into my room and was leaning against the windowsill when I heard my parents arguing about me.
"I don't care, Abraham! They are not going to take my baby boy and experiment on him! His our son whether he is the one for that .....,"
A knock on the front door interrupted my mother's ranting.
I went and sat on the top step of the staircase to watch what happened next.
Now I'm wishing never did, because what I saw next was my parents being killed right in front of me.
They looked up and saw me, their unusually cold, bright blue eyes very unnerving and terrifying.
I turned to run to my room but one of them was coming out of my baby sister's room with a bloody knife in his hand.
I couldn't breathe as the man approached me.
Then it all sunk in: this guys killed my family and they want to take and experiment on me.
I snapped out of it when the man reached for me and ducked under his outstretched arm then spun and shoved him over the banister and watched him crash into the glass table and hit the ground.
He didn't get up and his neck was in awkward position which meant he was dead.
I didn't realize until I turned around that one had snuck up from downstairs and was standing behind me with a rag soaked in chloroform.
I tried to move but I was too late and everything went dark.
I woke up later in a moving van with a pounding headache.
I was only 11 years old.
Ever since that fateful day six years ago, I've been experimented on, shot at, punished, transfered all over the world like I was cargo.
Finally came the day I escaped and found why all that I went through happened to me in the first place.
My name.
Sometimes its hard to remember but today I remember.
My name is Carter Isaiah Jones and my life is an official nightmare that's about to get even more hectic.
W

hen will life never be hectic?
Hi, this is my first story and this is only the prelude. The next story is about a young hero who, like Danny Phantom, was captured by the GIW and was experimented on but his power isn't like Danny's.
For all the Percy Jackson fans out there, he is in here as well.
Just wait and see.
Oh, and the Justice League and Young Justice members and another villain-turned-hero are in it.