Lucas

Chapter 1: Lucas

"What are you doing?" I look up from my computer, my eyes meeting Lucas who walks in with his briefcase. He silently walks over to me, I lift my cheek up to him as he kisses me softly and quick.

"Just writing," I watch him as his stiff movements put down his briefcase on the kitchen island I was sitting at. His long hands opened the cupboard and take out the only coffee mug he has here. My thirty-two mugs next to his.

"Like always, huh?"

I hum and nod before I look down at my computer again. My mind goes blank and I close my computer. "How was work?"

"It was fine. The meetings were very tiring." I take a sip of my tea when his lies pour out his mouth as well as the premade coffee is poured into his mug. He looks up at me and his blue eyes gaze mine for a few seconds.

"I can only imagine."

"Yeah." He scratches his neck, "I'm gonna go to my office."

"Already? But you just came home from work."

He looks at me, his face agitated, "have to send some notes from the meeting to Rafael because he wasn't there today..." I sip my tea again, knowing Rafael was there after he called me and complained about how boring the meeting was during his lunch.

"Oh... He must be sick. Maybe you can buy him some soup to make him feel better?" I smile warmly at him and his face relaxes again.

"Eh, I don't kno-"

"Great! I'll call him and tell him you're coming."

"Great."

"Great."