Lydia

Chapter 2: Lydia

"Do you want some tea?"

"Nope, but I will spill some." Lydia smirks, "and I would like a Pepsi, please." She sits down on her regular spot on the couch.

I open the refrigerator and take out a Pepsi along with a straw. "So, what did you have to tell me?" she reaches for her drink that I set on the table. "You seemed really eager." I laugh silently as I sit down.

"Yeah, it's a lot!" she crosses her legs and drink her Pepsi like it was wine. Her ring-covered fingers tap the side of the box. "You know Lucas?"

"Duh, he is my boyfriend." I roll my eyes. I look at her now, interested in what she has to say as her eyes saddens. Her gaze fall on the hardwood floor and she put down her drink on the glass table.

"No..." She breathes out heavy, "It isn't that important."

"Okay."

Once again, I feel disappointed. She always backs out on that gossip. As if she knew actually knowing who it was would break me. But I also needed to be broken if I could ever move on. I needed to know who.

"So, what else?" I say, leaning comfortably back in my favorite chair with my legs on the table. My mug in my hand as I look at her while she is searching in her head what to tell me next.

"Racheal and Rafael did the devils tango." She smirks, "and I met someone..."

"Oh wow, Racheal finally gave in huh?" A smile spread out on my lips, "And congratulations! Who exactly are we talking about?"

"I don't want to say it yet. Honestly don't know if it will work." I sip my tea again, smirking and knowing that it would be serious in the future. Her face was looking at the ground, her eyes still hadn't met mine since we started to talk about Lucas.

"More pepsi?"

"Tea, please."