Bullying

This is my first Guardians fan fiction, so if I make any mistakes, I apologize. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this cute series of Baby Groot!

Summary: When Groot ends up getting bullied at school, it almost costs him his whole life.

Groot was around the size of a 6 year old terran and was in the first grade. However, he does get a little bit bored because he is ahead in everything, but the worst part of school was the bullying.

The bullies had been making fun of him because he wears no clothes, his vocabulary, and because he is a Flora Colossus who has no other living relatives, which leaves Groot all sad and moody when he gets back on the Milano. Groot tried telling the teacher about the bullying and she always accuse him of being the bully.

One day, Groot was in the restroom washing his face to get rid of the dryness in his face. He had never felt this much sadness in his life, except the time when Peter got shot in the arm really bad and the doctors said there was a 7% chance of him living. Now that was a sad time for all the guardians especially for Gamora and Groot.

When Groot got done washing his face and was starting to walk over to grab a paper towel, he heard the restroom door shut and 3 deep laughs of three 4th grade Terrans and alien.

"Hey Groot, why don't you go back and cry like a baby to your daddy," the alien boy, Henry said in a mocking voice.

"I am Groot," Groot said with a teary reply in his voice.

"Hey Clarence!" Jose said to Clarence who was the head header of the bullies. "Did you hear that?"

Clarence stepped up towards Groot with a look that told Groot he was about to do something.

"Yeah, and I think this little idiot needs to be taught a lesson," Clarence said as he pulled out a box of matches.

As he was lighting up the match, Groot tried to push through Henry and Jose, but it was like they were to strong for him. They laughed as they took a strong grip of Groot's arms and pushed Groot against the door.

Clarence walked up towards Groot and said, "Bye bye Loser," before taking the match and putting it against Groot's arm.

They ran out in a instant leaving Groot all alone to die in the boys' bathroom. Groot took the last minutes and his mind started to paint memories of each person he knew. The first one was from when Peter was in the hospital and Groot was sitting on Peter's shoulder while he was reading The Giving Tree.

His memory of Gamora was from when her and Groot was in Xandar and he made her a flower crown, so that he could show her all the love and thanks for being his mother. She loved the crown and since she did, she wore it to the meeting with Nova Prime and the Nova Corps.

His memory of Drax was when he was still a baby and Groot was dancing to Jackson 5's I Want You Back and every time Drax turned around, Groot would always pause and would always continue to dance whenever Drax turned back to clean his knives.

His memory of Mantis was when he and her played freeze tag with Nebula and Kraglin. Him and Mantis totally beat Nebula and Kraglin's team by Mantis distracting them and Groot tagging Nebula and Kraglin in order to win. Come to think of it, in 5 months when Gamora gives birth to his new sibling, Mantis and him would have to teach them how to play.

Finally, his memory of Rocket was when Rocket was teaching him how to make a bomb and when Rocket got injured, Groot made him a bomb to blow up the people who tried to kill him. That was one moment that Rocket smiled and hugged Groot in return.

Then, Groot all of a sudden felt sleepy, like his energy had been drained out of him really easily, so whenever he heard the teacher getting the door opened, Groot closed his eyes and then he felt no pain on his arm.

-----------

Around 2 weeks later, Groot opened his eyes only to see that he was not in the school's bathroom. He was in a hospital bed in a hospital room. When his eyes finally got adjusted to the bright light, he saw a IV hooked up into his left arm and that his right arm was completely gone.

"GROOT!"

When Groot tried to raise up, he saw Rocket running towards him with tears starting to form in his eyes. However, when Groot tried to raise up, he felt a really bad pain in his side, but before his head hit the bedpan, Peter caught the back of his head.

"Easy there buddy, just take it easy, okay?"

Groot nodded as he saw Gamora, Nebula, and Mantis sitting in the chairs asleep, while Drax was outside the door guarding the room. However, when Groot said, "I am Groot," saying that he missed everyone, Gamora awoken with tears gathering up in her eyes.

Without any warning, Gamora shot up in her seat and grabbed Groot into a hug, holding him tight like she never wanted to let him go.

"Groot, I missed you so much!" She said with tears in her eyes telling that she had been crying.

Peter reached over to grab Gamora's shoulder, smiling just happy to hear and see that Groot is alive and safe.

Rocket climbed up to Groot's other side to give him a hug. Groot smiled at his family, knowing that those bullies were wrong about him not having a family, he did and he had to thank him for everything, by saying the last words from his dad.

"We are Groot."

Rocket nodded in response, but looked at Groot in his eyes and said, "I love you too buddy, but next time you have a problem with some assholes, just shoot their heads off okay?"

"I am Groot."

After a few minutes of them hugging Groot, Gamora gave a order to Peter about Groot's education.

"Peter, I don't care if you say this is a bad idea, but we're homeschooling him and our child."