Step 7: Title

Step 7: Title

Yes, I have saved the title for the end. This is the most important part of the book, so you can't name a story before you write it. What if it doesn't make sense afterwards?

Here is the perfect way to find a title for your book:

If you want a one word title:

Think of the setting of the book. Wherever the setting is, that could be your title. (Paris, Toronto, Etc.)

Use the last name of a character, and put Miss, Mr, Mrs, or Ms in front of it. Whichever applies. (Mr. Whitewater, Miss. Spell.) Only use this title if your character has a big influence on the book.

An activity your character is doing. (Hockey, Dance, Etc.)

What kind of feeling you character has through the book. (The Struggle, Hostage, Etc)

If you want a two word title:

Put an adjective in front of a verb your character is doing. (Amazing Dance, The Craziest Fighting)

A conversational term in front of a noun. (Goodbye Charles, Hello New York, Etc)

Put a desire of the characters in front of please. (Fame Please, Happiness Please, Etc)

If you want a 3+ word title:

Put: The Chronicles Of, The Diary Of, The Parties of, or The Adventures Of in front of a character(s) name. (The Parties of Callie and Daye, The Adventures of the Crazed Group, Etc)

If your story is sad, use the following: In The Name Of, In Remembrance, Surviving, Regarding, or For The One And Only, and then put a noun afterwards. (In Remembrance Of Day, Surviving the Only, Etc)

Feel free to combine the titles!

Well, that's all for my lessons. How you learnt something!