Four

"Does she know you plan on sending her to school so soon?" JJ asked Emily that Tuesday morning over a cup of steaming coffee as they sat in Emily's kitchen

"She knows she has to go but I haven't told her it's tomorrow,"

"What if you can't keep her?" JJ looked at Emily

"I'll cross that bridge when it comes, for now she goes to school, the Principal was fine about her starting tomorrow,"

Neither one of them heard Evelynn walk down the stairs, still in her pjs and hair a wild mess. She walked into the kitchen, not noticing her mother or her mother's guest.

"Morning sleepyhead," Emily smiled causing Evelynn to jump and hold her chest.

"I totally knew you were there," Evelynn said sheepishly

"Aha, get some breakfast and come sit, we need to talk,"

Evelynn nodded as she pulled a carton of milk from the fridge and looked around with her hands on her hips. Emily got up and opened a cupboard and pulled out a bowl and glass, then opened the pantry where the breakfast cereal was kept. Evelynn smiled shyly at her mother before picking out a box of cereal that looked like Shreddies.

"Is Life like Shreddies mom?" She asked

"Yes but so much better,"

Taking her mother's word for it, Evelynn poured some of the cereal into her bowl and milk into a glass before finding a spoon and sitting at the table, she always had her milk separate from her cereal, she hated when it got soggy.

"Now, I know you've been here barely 24 hours but you'll be going to school tomorrow," Emily said gently

"Tomorrow? So soon?"

"I need to be back at work tomorrow otherwise I would have let you get over the jetlag first,"

Evelynn nodded and bit her lip, Emily placed her hand on top of Evelynn's. She wished she could give her a few more days to adjust and settle into American life but as the BAU Unit Chief, Emily had to go back to her team.

"It's a good school and your brother is there,"

"He doesn't know who I am, mom,"

Emily had to agree, so she sent a quick text to Declan to go to her house after he got done with his classes for the day. Evelynn yawned, still tired. This time it was JJ who spoke up.

"I was thinking the four of us could go shopping today,"

Emily made an agreeable face and nodded "We could, Evelynn needs her school uniform,"

"Uniform? I thought American kids wore whatever they wanted to school?" Evelynn asked

"They do but the school you are going to, you get to wear a uniform," Emily answered

"Please tell me it's not a tie and fancy jacket,"

Emily remained silent causing Evelynn to groan loudly and placed her head on the table. JJ smiled as Emily stroked her daughter's hair.

"Come on, my little drama queen, eat up and we'll go shopping,"

Evelynn picked up her head and finished her breakfast. She swallowed her last mouthful and took her bowl to the sink to wash it.

A/N

I do apologize for the lateness in this chapter but here it is and I hope you enjoyed it!