Chapter 2

That night at 10:00 pm, I recieved a text message from an unknown number:

Hey it's the girl from the park. Do you want to hang out?

I laughed and replied:

Sure. Where and when? Also I still don't know your name.

Pretty soon there was beep from my phone signaling her reply:

My name is Lyrica and how bout now? Can you let me in thru the window?

I laughed and quickly typed a reply:

Umm...sure. My adress is 4162 Grimm St.

Pretty soon I heard pebbles hit my window. I walked over and opened it, watching fascinated as she gracefully scaled the ivy covred wall of my house. She pulled herself through my window and shut it behind her.

"Hey", she said walking over and siting down next to me on the bed, "sorry about the time but I'm a night owl. I usually sleep in 'till like 2 in the afternoon".

I shrugged and smiled, "No biggie. I couldn't sleep tonight anyway still really torn up over Ryan".

Her eyes darkened for a moment before she draped her arm over my sholder and pulled me closer to her petit frame. "Hey", she said, "if the jackass can't even remember your guys' anniversary than he doesn't deserve you".

I smiled and nodded laying my arm over her shoulders. My hand accidently slips underneath her shirt and suddenly my vision is flooded with images of Lyrica with wings, then suddenly without them and she's falling down down down down (a.n. Yes I know this kind of like hush hush but she isn't IN the memory just seeing fleeting images of it). All of a sudden, my vision clears and Lyrica is at the window.

I look at her questioningly, too dazed to form a coherant thought. She smiled thinnly and opened the window, "Sorry my mom just texted. I can't miss curfew again", then she was through the opening and gone, vanishing into the night. It wasn't until I was about to drift off to sleep when I saw she had left her phone on my dresser. There were no messages from her mom, I checked. Something told me that there was something Lyrica was hiding from me, I just couldn't figure out what it was.