Chapter 4

Bailey|Noah

A bright light wakes me up, along with a pounding headache and aching muscles. Nothing that wasn't expected. The heavy arm around my waist and little spoon position was the real shocker.

Then panic settles in. Because I can smell his cologne. And I'd know the feel of his body anywhere. Hastily, I push his arm off my waist, stumbling out of bed. Noah groans, rolling over as I pace at the side of my bed.

"Stop biting your lip," He grumbles, sitting up and rubbing the sleep from his eyes. My hands grab a pillow and I swing it back, whacking him hard enough that he falls out of my bed.

"Why are you here?!" I shout, my voice cracking with my panic. This would not be a problem if we didn't have an agreement.

It sort of feels like he's imposing on my personal space. Like he's somehow passed the fire breathing dragon and climbed to the highest room in the tallest tower; and made his way to me.

"I'm here because you made a complete ass of yourself last night, in case you don't remember."

Fear strikes me, "Wh-what did I do?"

Millions of possibilities. Millions of ways I could have embarrassed myself. I also rack my brain trying to remember. The last thing I do remember is meeting that guy and "dancing", which consisted of a lot of grinding. I wince, and making out. Which consisted of him, Levi, shoving his tongue down my throat.

"Well, you were dancing topless when I came back from...," He pauses, but it reminds me of why I started drinking again anyway.

"Oh, yeah I know, you had just came back from another quickie? One wasn't enough for you apparently?" The fact that I was dancing topless makes me cringe internally. But the anger I felt last night is coming back to me through the haze of alcohol, full force.

Noah looks as if I slapped him in the face and I was actually considering it. He stands up, suddenly wide awake and flushed red, "Is that really what you think happened? You really think that low of me? You're fucking unbelievable."

"Okay so I'm just supposed to take you practically having sex with another girl right in front of me, lightly?" I feel the rage creeping up my shoulders, crawling it's way up to my mouth.

He glares, "What's it to you anyway? You've made it clear you want nothing more than a no-strings-attached friends with benefits thing!" He shouts, throwing his hands up in the air.

My comeback gets caught in my teeth and my body starts physically shaking from anger. Noah takes my speechlessness as an opportunity to keep going, "And you're a real hypocrite, too. I saw you with another guy's tongue down your throat. Not to mention the way you were letting him have his way with you. I can't believe you have the audacity to come at me like that."

He growls, shoving his feet into his shoes and snatching his keys off my dresser. Despite my better judgement, my hand shoots out and grabs his wrist before he leaves. The thought of him storming out on me like everyone else has, scares me. Diminishing my anger.

"Please, I'm sorry. Don't go..."

He fixes me with an intense stare, jerking his wrist away. "You know what your problem is? You can't let anyone close to you. And I've tried to be there for you, to be that guy for you. But every time I got one step closer, you took three steps back." He pauses, his hard eyes softening with sadness. A guilty pang runs through my chest and my arms wrap themselves around my body. "I care about you too much for my good."