The Birthday

Rose was a very shy girl who never made a lot of friends. She lived with her brothers Elijah and Jacob. Rose did most of everything around the house. She never talks back to anyone because she was just that polite and easily trusted the people around her. She would wake up to do her daily routine and her brothers went and told her to go into town to get some flowers from the flower shop. While she was out her brothers would get ready for her birthday for the next five days before her birthday. While Rose was in town, she was hearing rumors that beyond the was a prince who was having a ball on the day of her birthday. They would say " The prince is looking for a bride at the ball. "

Rose came home after hearing the news to her surprise she opened the door with her flowers in her hands. Her brothers with a colorful box in their hands.

" Happy Early Birthday Rose, " said Elijah and Jacob.

They handed her the box and told her not to open it until after dinner. She was so excited to see what was inside she started dinner super early and actually kinda of burnt some food. Elijah looked and Jacob with the warm look.

" She looks like a child on Christmas "

" She is still a child "with the same look, Jacob looked back.

"She is not, " Elijah said with a soft angered tone.

"She is still 15, " Jacob said angrily.

"Old enough to get married "slowly getting louder.

Rose looked over at her brothers, they looked like they were about to get into a fight but stopped as soon as they notice that rose was looking at them.

" So is dinner done yet, "Said Jacob trying to look happy.

" I'm almost done, could you help me set up the table", she said with a worried tone.

After a semi-burnt meal and cleaning up, they went into the living area to see Rose open the box. Elijah and Jacob seem so happy to see their little sister's reaction to what they got her they were literally in her face.

"Uhm," said rose looking irritated since they were so close to her.

"Oh, I'm sorry, " said bot Elijah and Jacob puzzled by her words.

They both took a couple of steps back so, she can have space to open it in the box. As she slowly opened the box the shimmer of glitter fell off the top of the box. She looked so happy by the time the box was completely open she already out of her chair with excitement.

" So how is it, " Elijah said with enthusiasm.

" Oh it's o beautiful, " said Rose in aw.

In the box was a dazzling aqua blue glitter dress that went with her eyes color. She gave her brother a hug to thank them for this gift. She looked so surprised in why they gave her a dress so she asked this question out of nowhere.

" Is this dress for the Prince's Ball that is happening on the day of my birthday ?", she said with confusion.

" NO ", they said with a troubled look.

She was shocked at the quick reply and ran to her room frustrated with tears running down her face.