Fair Trade

"Akashicchi~" Kise Ryouta sang as he flopped down into the seat next to Akashi Seijuurou, followed by Midorima Shintarou, Aomine Daiki, Murasakibara Atsushi, and Momoi Satsuki. 

"Why did you ask us to gather here?" Midorima questioned, stuffing the frog keychain that was his lucky item of the day into his pocket.

"You're just in time." Akashi gestured towards the match in progress on the court below where they were sitting.

"Huh? Akashi, this is a volleyball game. Why are we even watching it?" Aomine yawned. "Just let me go back to napping on the roof already..."

"You actually asked a good question for once, Ahomine." Midorima adjusted his glasses and stared at Akashi, awaiting the redhead's response.

"What did you just call me?!" Aomine growled.

"I agree with Mine-chin, this is annoying~ I ran out of snacks on my way here," Murasakibara grumbled.

Kise sweatdropped. "And here I thought you were also thinking about why we're here, Murasakibaracchi... why don't you give Himuro-san a call? He can bring you some more."

He sweatdropped again when all he got from the giant was an 'it's too much trouble', before returning to look at the volleyball match taking place on the court out of sheer boredom. "What's this... Aoba Jousai High versus Karasuno High... third set... 22 to 24... Karasuno's set point..." he began mumbling.

"I see you do know about volleyball, Kise," Akashi noted.

Kise shrugged. "Not a lot, but I once subbed for a left wing spiker of our junior high team because the original guy broke his arm. That was before I joined the basketball club, of course." The blond's eyes widened. "Whoa, a service ace! That guy has a sick jump serve!"

Oikawa Tooru, the captain of Aoba Jousai VBC, smirked and high-fived Iwaizumi Hajime, who was standing next to him in the current rotation.

Chants of "Oikawa-saaaaaaan! Nice serve!!" were heard from a crowd of girls several rows below where the Generation of Miracles were sitting.

On the other side of the court, Sawamura Daichi, the captain of Karasuno VBC, called out to his team. "One more, guys, and we take this set!"

"Yeah!"

Nishinoya Yuu, Karasuno's sophomore libero, received Oikawa's spike-like serve this time. Daichi sent the ball over to Seijou's side of the court, only to have Kindaichi receive it. Watari, their libero, leapt and set the ball in Oikawa's place. Hanamaki spiked a cross, which Nishinoya caught and sent into the air once again. "Ooh, they're all running up to hit the ball together?" Momoi observed.

"Seriously, Satsuki? You're actually watching it?"

"It looks exciting. Though I don't really know anything about volleyball at all."

Kageyama Tobio, Karasuno's genius setter, raised his arms, his palms facing the ceiling. The Seijou players' eyes darted from one Karasuno spiker to the other. Who would it be? Azumane? Tanaka? Sawamura?

"Oh, here it comes." Akashi had switched to his other personality for a moment and had already seen through Kageyama's moves with his Emperor Eye. "Watch." With a single word of command, even Murasakibara snapped awake and stared at the court through dreary half-lidded eyes.

The blockers in the front row narrowed their eyes in concentration. Perfect, Kageyama thought, sending a falling toss to his partner, who was already in the air.

Hinata Shouyou grinned broadly and spiked it between a shocked Hanamaki and an appalled Kunimi, whose eyes had barely landed on the orange-haired middle blocker when the ball hit the ground with a resounding thud. The whistle sounded as the scoreboard became 23-25. The entire Karasuno team, having taken two out of three sets, broke out in cheers as they patted Hinata and Kageyama on the backs. "I wasn't sure using the first-tempo synchronized attack as a decoy would work, but I'm glad it did!" Sugawara Koushi smiled like a proud mom and ruffled the first-year duo's hair.