one

Maggie

I sat in my bed that was located in my tiny one-bedroom apartment, typing on my laptop and stressing over the paper I had due in a couple days. I ran my fingers through my dark brown hair and put my head into my hands as I decided to take a break. I grabbed my phone and noticed I'd received a text from my best friend Corinna.

Corinna
Mags, there's a killer party tonight at one of the frats, you interested?

I love Corinna, she's my best friend, don't get be wrong but we are very opposite. She's more interested in parting and hook ups and I focused more on trying to finish school, so I can start my career in photography.

Maggie

Do I have to :(

Corinna
It'll be so much fun, don't worry! I'll be outside ur complex at 9:30!

I guess I'm stuck going now. I looked over at the clock and saw it was 6:30 and realized I hadn't left my bed all day. I decided to go get something to eat. I through on a sweater and slipped on my slides then started walking downstairs to my car. I drove to McDonalds, got some food and ate as I drove home. Once I got home I took a shower, curled my hair, then did some makeup. I just threw on a pair of leggings and a crop-top because this party meant nothing to me. By now it was 9:15 and I decided to just wait until Corinna came to pick me up. She texted me at about 9:35 that she was here so I quickly slid on my converse and locked my apartment before heading downstairs.

I reached Corinna's car, opened the door and hopped inside.

"Hey!" She almost screamed, due to her excitement.  "Are you excited?" She asked putting her car into drive and slowly began to drive.

"Nope. Not at all." I smiled at her leaning back in my chair.

"Don't worry Mags, It'll be tons of fun. There will be boys, drinks, dancing! We will have the time of our lives, I swear!" She said pulling up to the dorm rooms. I went to the College of Lake County in Vernon Hills, Illinois. I've grown up in this tiny town my entire life and It has been terrible. I've been working so hard just to be able to finally get out of here.

"We can see about that." I laughed unbuckling my seat belt and getting out of the car. We walked into the party and went to go find some drinks. Once we got to the kitchen I quickly grabbed myself a shot a cheers it to Corinna's. 

"Cheers to a great night!" Corinna cheered. I smiled at her as we both took the shot. I felt the alcohol slide down and burn my throat. I found myself a cooler as Corinna grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the dance floor. We started dancing together while sipping on our drinks. I wasn't having nearly as bad of a time then I expected. I drank a couple coolers, and continued to dance some more, finally letting loose for the first time since high school. I wasn't drunk yet but I could feel myself getting there.

"I'm gonna go find some water!" I shouted to Corinna, over the music filling the frat house. 

"Ok, Pussy" She winked at me. I just laughed it off and walked into the kitchen. I found a water bottle and pulled out my phone while taking a sip. I saw that It was 1:30am and realized that I had class at 9am tomorrow. I went back into the living room looking for Corinna. I noticed her flirting with some guy in the corner of the room and decided to just text her.