Chapter 3: Waiting Game

(Lena"s P.O.V)

 Light.

That was all I could faintly make out as I awoke from my slumber. 

I forgot to close the blinds and the sun was so bright and blinding. I picked up my phone and looked at some unread messages.

One being from my mom telling me she wasn't going to be home until the evening and that she left me some cash to go get groceries.

I replied back to her with a simple "okay".

I then locked my phone and  carelessly threw it onto my duvet.

I let out a small chuckle of amusement as my cat was scratching against the edge of my bed frame, her chubby paws raising up showing me she wanted me to pick her up.

I guess my mom brought her in last night from the car. 

She began to purr as my soft delicate hands began to gracefully massage her white fur back.

Her eyelids began to close and the mix of my massaging and soft humming put her in a soundless sleep.

Wow, that was quick.

I left her on my unmade bed and I swiftly changed into some yoga pants, followed by a black sports bra and my favorite grey tee. 

I wanted to just go out for a quick run and the towns grocery store was only about two miles away. 

I then proceeded to put on my running shoes and afterwards I grabbed my headphones and phone to entertain me for the run.

Thinking about last night and what happened in the other room  took away my appetite so I just decided to stretch my limbs and get the house keys. 

I popped another spearmint gum into my mouth followed by some peach chapstick and then left the house. 

I put on my headphones and there my music began to play.

The deep raspy voice of James bays kept me going throughout the run. 

Not many people were outside and some would just quickly give me a glance and smile.

My jog then turned into a sprint and all too soon I knew I was finished when I saw the big lettered outlines of the towns grocery store name.

Kroger was its name. 

As soon as I was done I did another quick stretch and entered the grocery store, I didn't exactly know what to get since my mom didn't leave a list but I got a few items followed by my favorite cookies and dough ice cream brand. 

I then got a water bottle and practically scarfed it down as I waited in line to pay for everything. 

" You'r not from here are you?"  a voice whispered out behind me. 

I turned around and I was met with a deep set of bright blue eyes.

Damn.

The guy had a set of small plumped lips with those beautiful eyes and a cocky smile.

Just by his looks you can tell how charming he is.

" N-No, I just moved here yesterday" 

" Oh! Sounds about right then, my dads the mayor of this town and so he kept telling me of this small family moving in. I think he told me it was this women and her gorgeous hazel eyed daughter"

I let out a small giggle of amusement. 

" Charmer you are huh" 

" One and only" he quickly explained back with a wink following right after.