Mauraders Map

Lily POV

I watched Katie sleeping silently in the hospital wing. Her best friend, Maggie was sobbing hysterically. I tried to comfort her, but it only seemed to make it worse. Maggie cried on my shoulder, making it entirely wet. I looked down at the Slytherin's crest on her robes. To other people in the Gryffindor house, it was weird to be friends with a Slytherin, but not to me. Some people in Slytherin can be horrible, but some can be caring like Maggie and Katie. When Madam Pomfrey told us it was time to leave, Maggie shook her head no and argued with her. The argument seemed to last forever. But at the end of the argument, Madam Pomfrey won, and Maggie and I left regrettably. Maggie ran into the nearest bathroom and I went into the library to take my mind off things.

As soon as I walked into the library, James ran straight into me. "Guess who I just found searching in my room like a little pig?" James spat out. "Someone was searching in your room! Who?" I asked. James opened his mouth to tell me, but then hesitated, and closed it. "You have to guess" He laughed. I rolled my eyes, "Just tell me!" I smiled. He hesitated but then said in a disgusted tone "Snape." I was taken aback, Severus? A million questions appeared in my mind. "Why?" I questioned, but James just shurugged. 

We went into James room and it was a mess. Remus' stuff was everywhere, it looked like someone just threw papers everywhere. Remus looked stressed out and was kneeling to pick up his stuff. Peter was helping Remus, but since Remus is super organized and Peter is very unorganized, it didn't work out very well and just stressed out Remus even more. Sirius was sitting on top of his bed eating a chocolate bar that belonged to Remus. James ran and jumped on Sirius' bed and took some. I chewed on my nails trying to figure out why Severus would ruin his stuff, how he knew that password, and what he was looking for. 

I walked out the common room thinking that I would just talk to Severus, but then I had a much better idea. Some people in the Slytherin house must of heard of what Severus was doing, and well, Maggie and Katie are in the Slytherin house, so I decided to search for them instead. 

I checked the hospital wing first and found Maggie talking to Katie, who looked like she had just woken up. I began to asked them about Severus. "Uh." Katie said "I remember him saying something about a map he made, and how he was going to go look for it and show the teachers." I raised my eyebrows. The Mauraders Map. Severus was looking for the Mauraders Map. "Do you know how he got the password?" I asked. Maggie nodded,"Some kid wrote down all the passwords to the Gryffindor common room." She answered I smiled and immediately knew, Frank Longbottom. He was always so forgetful. His mum sent him a remembrall every year to let him know if he'd forgotten something. But I always thought those were a waste of money since you wouldn't know what you'd forgotten. I thanked Katie and Maggie and made a note to myself to have a chat with Frank.

When I told James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter what happened. All of them looked shocked, except Remus who just looked annoyed. "But why just me." He complained. "Because you are probably the most likely to not lose it." Sirius answered back. "Probably?" Remus laughed. "Wait, Where is the map" I asked. They all looked at James, who pulled the map out of his back pocket and showed it to me. "I made some new adjustments to it" He smirked. "So if Snape ever finds it and tries to use some lame spell to open it, well, some of our comments will appear instead of the map." James explained. "Also, there are different comments if he ever becomes a professor too!" Sirius pipped in. I laughed, wondering what these lovely comments would be. 

I looked at James and he put on a disgusted face,"I just realized how creepy that bloke is to come into my room and look through our stuff." "My stuff." Remus corrected and laughed. "Oh no!" I blurted out. A terrible thought had just occurred to me. I shook my head in disbelief. "What!" James asked immediately, his eyes were wide and focused on me. "The Divination Test!" I yelped. Remus clapped his hands to his mouth and looked at the time. It read 11:25. Remus and I gathered our papers and studied them like crazy. Peter sighed and came over and joined us. I looked at James to see if he was studying, but he just glared at me for making him worry. He then rolled his eyes and then began eating his chocolate with Sirius again.