Chapter: New Oracle of What?

Rainey POV

"Today I like to give notice to the new oracle of North America. The new oracle is Rainey Orviati. Madam Kate last wish was to pass the role of been the oracle on to her great granddaughter." Madam Ava said.

The fuck? I look around the challenge room to see everyone cheering. She got to be joking I came back home for my gg Kate funeral. I simply don't understand why my grandmother would want me to have this position. I have so much going on from school to work when will I ever have time to be an oracle. Why didn't she pass this over to my grandma Dottie or my mom.

"Um thank you I guess?" I say looking confused at Madam Ava she walks over towards me and touches my arm. "This is a great honor Rainey, but don't worry you will be trained for all of your oracle work."

"Trained?"

"Yes, trained you will be leaving with me to Venezuela."

"VENEZUELA!? Why Venezuela?" I say

"Baby doll when we say most of our spell there in Latin. The Oracle main headquarters is located in Venezuela." Grandma Dottie says to me.

I nod my head to her. "This is awesome Rain be happy we got picked" Kain says to me.

"You say that now Kain, but remember I have so much to do back in Moyie Springs." I say to her.

"I can't leave right now. I have finals next week this is something I have to think over. I have a life a normal life in a city where no one's knows me." I say to Madam Ava

"How about this Rain we can talk more about your answer in two weeks. That's more than enough time for you to think this over." Madam Ava says back to me while smiling.

"Good day everyone and to the Orviati I'll see you guys in two weeks." Madam Ava says

"Wait Ava!" my great aunt Harriet calls out.

"Well hello Harriet" Madam Ava says back

"What about my side of the family? Why wasn't I asked about picking a oracle? Why is it that Kate side of the family is always picked for things like this?" Harriet askes.

Seems like she about to blow any moment now. I look at Aunt Harriet, she wears tuck combs and has a hunch in her back. One of the most bitter ladies in the family. I think her past four husbands has killed themselves to get away from her.

"Harriet, you know why your family isn't in the same status as Kate family." Madam Ava says back

"Well I think my family should be as you can see Rainey doesn't want the job as a oracle why not give it to my great granddaughter Bessie." She says back while pointing over to Bitch Bessie.

Really!? I say to myself she got to be kidding me.

"Now hold up there Harriet my mother won that battle against you fair and square and we will leave it just how things have been done. Yall made an agreement that the oracle job will be left to only the Orviati." My grandma dottie says.

That's right grandma tell her.

"For someone who doesn't want to be the oracle you sure are upset that someone else is trying to take the job that was offered to you." Kain says.

I don't say anything back to her I just think on it. If I take the oracle job I would have to time manage everything. I may even have to quit my job to do this. The family has enough money they should be able to support me while I'm out of work and learning how to be the oracle. I think I still need to think on it alittle bit longer.