Chapter 21

Jakes apartment

"Which would you rether watch The Notebook or The Princess Bride?" Jake asks.

"The Notebook," I say as I curl up on Jake's couch in my pajamas.

Tonight I'm staying over at Jake's apartment and we are having a movie night.

He puts the movie in then cuddles up to me. He refuses to admit it, but he loves to cuddle.

Jake has never seen The Notebook before. He is in for a treat. This movie is quite emotional but, I never cry while watching it.

Tonight, I'm feeling quite tired. I'm struggling to keep my eyes open as I watch the carnival scene.

***
I wake up cuddling Jake with my head on his chest. His arm is wrapped around my waist and I have to pee. I try to wiggle out but his grip tightens. "Jake wake up. I have to pee." I whisper yell.

He doesn't stir. I try poking him and repeating myself. He still doesn't wake. I really have to pee now.

I roll slightly so I'm ontop of him and he is hugging me in his sleep. I start to kiss him. It takes a second but he starts to wake up and kiss back. I feel his arms relax and I bolt. "Hey thats not fair!" he yells at the bathroom door.

After finally getting to pee, I decide to take a quick shower. I change into a tshirt and romper overalls and tie my hair into a ponytail.

 I change into a tshirt and romper overalls and tie my hair into a ponytail

Today we are going to a lantern festival. It starts as a music festival with mostly smaller bands and ends with lighting lanterns. It is about four hours away.

Before we go to the festival Jake is taking me out for lunch. Im making him take me to Tropical Smoothie because I'm craving a bahama mama smoothie. Jake's been so sweat lately.

After our Lunch we hit the road in Jakes new Ford Raptor. Im not looking  forward to the four hours in a car however, he lets me control the radio all the way to Houston.

I'm really excited. I have never done anything like this before. Im expecting it to be like the scene from tangled.

"Freedom finally!" I shout as I leap out of the truck after Jake finally parks.

Jake is laughing at me and shaking his head. "People are going to think I'm you're babysitter and not your boyfriend if you keep acting like that," he says while laughing.

I stick my tounge out at him. Childish. I know.  He shakes his head and leads me to the check in table where we get the lantern kits.  We get to spend the next few hours until dark decorating and assembling them.

I sit down next to him on the blanket he brought in. I look over at him and he smiles. All is right in the world.

####
Sorry for the short chapter. The next one will likely be short too. Gosh this book is over halfway complete.