Chapter 4: The Meeting

Alina's POV

The moment I was tackled to the ground, I allow the momentum to roll us to the ground. And at that time, I heard in my mind, "Mate."

I did not know where that came from! But the moment we stopped rolling, I wasted no time, and jumped away from the other wolf.

When I had enough distance from the other wolf, I growled, taking the chance to inspect my enemy.

Despite the anger, I can't help but admire this wolf. It's big, as in really big. Its fur is also quite different from the usual fur of wolves. Instead of grey or white or black, its fur is the shade of midnight blue. The moon does wonders to its fur; it makes it look more silky. And, oh, the smell coming from this being is undeniably enticing! He smells like fresh oranges, my favorite.

I was too distracted by my perusal that this wolf caught me off guard when it changed form. Now, I'm staring at its nakedness.

Oh la la!

Such primal beauty that I can't help my mouth from watering.

"Mate," the man said.

What does he mean? Mate?

"I want to see you in your human form, Mate." he said again.

At first I was hesitant, wary. Surely I can't trust this man just yet. Although, as I observe him again, I notice that his stance seems relaxed. He does not expect me to attack. He is not even the least intimidated. And when I met his eyes, all I see are... admiration? Is he really admiring me?

"Please?" he even pleaded! What's worst is, he did that with an outstretched arm! And while he is doing that, I also felt something pulling some strings attached to my heart. It is as if I'm told to just give in to this man's plea.

A moment later, I changed as well.

"Ah!" Well, I was stupid not to take the man as an example! Of course, when he shifted back, he lost his clothes. What do I expect? Some special treatment!

Now, I'm totally naked in front of a stranger!

"Turn around!" I commanded the man.

To my utter shock, he just laughed! Yes, he laughed at me!

Oh! Can I turn wolfie again?

Moments later, I felt some clothes cover me. "So you're new to this, huh?" he said.

I looked at him with my eyes saying, "Ain't it obvious, dude?" And again, he replied with just a smile, that irritating smile that also happens to make me like him even more!

What is with this man! What is with me?!

At least, now, I'm not entirely nude. I'm covered by his over-sized shirt. And as my gaze passed by him... Well, to be honest, it was really just a passing look, promise... I saw him wearing a shorts as well.

Now that we're covered, though not that decently, I seem to remember that I am still with a total stranger! And, oh, I also need to save face!

"So, who are you? And why do you keep on calling me Mate? Plus, why did I just turn into a wolf? And why are you a wolf-man as well? Is this really true? Or am I dreaming?" I said in a rushed manner. I guess my mind's about to go haywire if I don't let that out in one huff!

And again, I kind of expected his reply already, he laughed. AGAIN!

"Do you expect me to answer all that? Or can we take this slowly?" he finally replied, while slowly easing his hand on my shoulder.

Smart move!

I simply shrugged the hand off my shoulder, and faced him. "Our meeting is done!" I turned around after saying that, but I was stopped by a strong hand on my arm.

Now, what?

"Remove that or I'll chew it off." I said these words in the most intimidating manner I can muster.

"If I remove this, you'll just run off, and if you ran off, where will you go?" he queried. "There are rogues also roaming around, and they will not have second thoughts in doing bad things to you. They may kill you, or torture you, or worse, rape you." he added nonchalantly.

Color drained from my face.

Ok! He has a point.

I honestly haven't thought of that. In fact, this has not sunk in my mind yet. Nonetheless, I must think of a solution, and this man here might just be the answer to my problem.

"What do you propose then?" I asked him poker-faced.

"Follow me to the pack house." he simply said.

Now, what's a pack house? Is it a fraternity house? This man is so frustrating. Instead of helping me find answers, he is even adding to my million questions.

"What made you think I'll follow you? How can I be assured you are not some psychopath, just waiting to pounce on me while I'm not looking?" I said.

"First, I'm your mate, and that's enough reason for you to trust me and follow me. I know you can feel the pull as well. As for the second question, you know I can take you if I really want to take you. You're no match for me in all honesty." he shot back.

How arrogant!

"Excuse me!" I shouted at him. Although, yes, I can feel that "pull". But I believe it is not the same pull that he is insinuating! Yes, I can feel the pull towards him just so I can strangle him in all his arrogance! "You are so full of yourself, you arrogant..." I'm now looking for the right word to use on him, but I remember that I'm still an educated fellow, so I just added, "man." See, I deserve an applause on that one. Not everyone can hold their tongue from spouting fiery words, especially if this man is at the receiving end. He truly deserves it.

But, wait! I keep talking to this man, but I don't even know his name.

*A moment later

"Hey, what is your name? Don't you know that you should've introduced yourself already way earlier than this?" I said.

"And what about you, my feisty lady? Shouldn't you've introduced yourself way earlier than this as well?" he fired back.

He so loves this bantering, I can tell!

"As you so well put it, Mister, I am a lady. As such, no lady introduces herself before the gentleman does." I said with a smirk.

I know I'm winning this!

"But, mi amor, I am no gentleman." he replied, but added, "Anyway, just to appease you, I am Dylan... Dylan McGragen. Also, I'm your mate - your other half."

____________

Author's Note:

Aloha! I'm back with another chapter! I hope you like this one even more! And yes, they've finally met! What do you think will happen next? Comment down your predictions! Hit vote as well please! Thanks!