Chapter 3

Baekhyun was never fond of alcohol and loud music. He hated clubs and bars, but he was a regular in 'Cloud 9'. Since after all, majority of their dealings used to take place in that club. He never knew that one day, he would be sitting on a bar willingly, but here he was, in a secluded bar downtown, waiting for his freedom. The sound of footsteps made Baekhyun snap out of his reverie. The man he was waiting for was there, dressed in a crisp white shirt and black slacks in addition to the usual suit that every gang member wore.

The man took a seat beside him and before Baekhyun could start talking, he stopped Baekhyun with a raised hand. "You know this is very dangerous," the man said.

"I-I know, but this is my only chance. If I do not try, I can never get out of this hell hole. Without you, I have no one else to trust." responded Baekhyun.

"But what you are asking is too much. You know we can both get killed, right?" The man was scared and it was the reaction Baekhyun knew he would get. But Baekhyun was desperate for his freedom.

"Please Daehyun. Please help me. Do it for me please? I will forever be grateful towards you." Without realizing it, Baekhyun started to cry. This was his only chance. The day after tomorrow, his father would be leaving for a deal to China and this gave Baekhyun a perfect chance to escape.

Daehyun was their butler's son, who grew up with Baekhyun and considered him as his brother. Daehyun knew how much Baekhyun suffered and how much he hated it. Yet despite all the trauma that Baekhyun has been through, the only time Daehyun saw him crying was on his mother's death, after that he never cried. Looking at Baekhyun now, being this vulnerable, Daehyun felt his heart sank. There was a pang in his heart that urged him to help the boy.

"Okay, I will help you. At least I should do this much for all the things you did for me." he ruffled Baekhyun's hair with a small smile. Baekhyun returned his smile with one of his own. But behind the smile was fear. Fear of risking their lives, fear of not being able to be free...

---

Another day of school and Baekhyun was never been happier to wake up. He loved his school and his new life. His days were all about school-cafe-home-repeat. But despite the monotony, he has never been happier. Entering the school, he spotted Kyungsoo and Luhan. They all walked to their first class, math, which was Baekhyun's favorite. Baekhyun sat by Tao, and noticed Chanyeol was sitting behind him. He decided to ignore the giant. However the giant had something else on his mind. The moment the class started, Chanyeol also started with his new game- Annoying the Kitten. He started with asking for random things from Baekhyun like a pen, sheets of paper, an eraser, and even the workbook. Then after some time, he started throwing paper balls towards Baekhyun. When Baekhyun didn't react, he started poking him with his (Baekhyun's) pen. Baekhyun had enough and he snapped at Chanyeol to stop. What he forgot was that the teacher was still in the class. This caused him being called out and asked to solve a very hard problem on the board. Chanyeol was immensely enjoying this. He was happy that he would get the chance to watch Baekhyun get flustered since Chanyeol thought that Baekhyun wouldn't be able to solve the problem, but he was shocked to see that Baekhyun could actually solve the problem in no time.

When Baekhyun returned to his seat, Chanyeol leaned towards him and whispered in his ear," I didn't know that this kitten can actually use its brain in something other than being sassy."

This comment had Baekhyun rolling his eyes, "I actually focus on my study rather than playing around, unlike some resident playboy I know." he responded, before turning away to focus on his work.

Chanyeol was taken aback and had a frown forming on his brows, but he gained his composure and showed his annoying grin at Baekhyun before turning away as well. The rest of the class was uneventful.