Prologue

Prologue

She stood up slowly pulling her favourite gem encrusted knife out of the man’s back; looking at it with irritation, it would take so long to get all the blood out of the crevices in between the gems. She turned and walked away without looking back, she’d killed so many times that she no longer needed to look back to check if he was breathing, to make sure he was dead and that she alone had stolen a life.

Her hair cascaded down her back in thick black waves that hung to just below her waist as she took out the ornate butterfly clip that had been holding it up. A sudden wind lifted her hair off her face showing her pale pour less skin, her blood red lips, her high defined cheek bones and her brilliantly bright dark eyes, ice cold and dangerous. Her long, dark lashes fluttered slightly as another cold blast of air rushed towards her.

She emerged from the small, dark alley way on to the strip… this was what Vegas was most known for, but she thought the people who came here were wasting their money and it was disgusting and desperate. She moved with a grace humans only dreamed of and in her eyes was experience they could never achieve. The buzz of the kill was still fresh as adrenalin surged through her body, coursing through her veins like liquid fire. She started laughing, a laugh that made people stop and stare as the whole of the strip ceased to move as her beautiful, melodious laugh drew her some love-struck looks.

She walked by impervious to the love men and women had started declaring as they saw her beautiful, delicate features like a spell. Her stilettos clicked on the pavement as she raised an arm to hail a taxi. She slid into the back seat as the driver inquired where she wanted to go then he looked in the rear view mirror then whimpered with love. She murmured an address, her mind was on other things, and he moaned as they started to drive.

She was now so used to everyone who saw her falling in love with her that she hardly noticed it anymore, it made things like this so much easier though...