Coming to an end.

"Well Corvo, what's your next move?" It was hard to see The Outsider's face in the dimly lit room but he knew it would be void of any expression.

"I thought you liked to wait and watch" He looked at his left hand and admired The Outsider's mark.

"I do, but I'm growing impatient"

"You'll just have to wait a little bit longer" The truth was that Corvo had no next move. He was all out and the thought of that terrified him.

"Are you afraid of Daud?" Corvo threw his head back and laughed, trying to hide the slight ping of fear that the name sent through his body.

"Of course not!" Daud. The city had christened him 'The Knife Of Dunwall' and they had every right. He was the notorious master assassin with a band of apprentices at his heels.

"Your expression says otherwise" The Outsider shifted, causing the flame to dance on the candle wick. Corvo didn't answer him, just stood and turned his back to him, "You've become quite a feared assassin yourself, Corvo. Are you afraid your work might not be good enough?" Corvo shifted his weight uneasily.

"No. I will kill Daud. Whatever it takes" Corvo was surprised by his own words. Never had he desired the death of another so badly.

"Even if it takes your life?" The Outsider was gently touching the old books that lined the shelves around them. Never had Corvo known a place so filled with tales and secrets. The Outsider glanced at Corvo when he sensed him staring.

"I put my life on the line to protect her and I failed. Now, I will put my life on the line to kill the man who murdered her and took Emily"

"Brave words for a man who was powerless against him before" The Outsider inhaled deeply and blew away the dust that clung to the books, "Such a shame that these books have been forgotten, don't you think?" The Outsider turned to Corvo but he ignored the question.

"I shall use the gift you gave me" The Outsider shrugged.

"Use it as you like, but remember, my gift also lies in the hands of your enemy" Corvo hadn't forgotten. Daud had told him, himself that he too wore The Outsiders mark just as he did. Corvo looked at the mark on his hand again. He knew the mark on Daud's hand, although the same, bore different powers & Daud had the help of his assassins but Corvo knew that he could not fail. He'd failed the Empress already but he would not fail her daughter, Emily too. When Corvo looked up, The Outsider had gone.