Chapter 29

Lucy's P.O.V

Suddenly an brown haired, orange-eyed, petite woman dressed in a pink sweater and a short brown dress with a bouquet of roses, appeared at the door. That was strange. I answered the door only to see the woman's dark stare. "You are happy aren't you?"

"Huh?" She slapped me with the bouquet. I soon realized who she was. The wife of Katsuyoshi. I didn't know how to react, I could have been mad, scared, or something else but I wasn't anything. Right now I felt nothing. "I want to speak to you."

"Huh, you want to speak to me? Even after sending him photos like this?" She showed me the first inappropriate picture I ever sent to him. "He has a whole gallery of these." I blushed but found the courage to look at her in her eyes.

"You haven't read his messages, have you? In there are many threats he made to me about spreading them." Her eyes widened before she shook her head.

"Katsuyoshi is a sweet man, he would never do that." I pulled my phone out of my pocket and showed her the messages from the very top. She looked horrified before she froze.

"Mam?" She started to scroll down.

"My.. Katsuyoshi, would have never done such a thing. You must have faked them." I shook my head.

"Did you ever check his messages?"

"No, because he recently had a password.... lock on his messages but I know he does....." She stopped reading the messages as her eyes started to water. "He wanted a divorce because he was in love with you? He told me that he felt that I deserved better. That as long as I was happy he was. Was I not good enough?"

"Do not blame yourself for his selfish actions-"

"But he is all I have." It made sense now. He manipulated her to the point that she depended on him and needed nothing not anyone else but him. Her phone began to ring. She looked at it before she started to cry harder.

"Mrs. Matsubara, it is fine." I tried to calm her down.

"It is not fine. I am pregnant and that bastard wants a divorce." My eyes widened. She was pregnant and he still wanted to leave her.

"Does he know?" She shook her head.

"I wanted it to be a surprise."

"Mrs. Matsubara-"

"I know, he seems to listen to you so why don't you tell him to come back?"

"But I did-"

"Then why didn't he?"

"I don't know but believe me, he is-"

"I know that but he is all I have!" She hugged me and sobbed. "He was the only person I had after college. I left everyone and everything for him. He promised to take care of me and he always seemed to fulfill it."

"I can be your support."

"What would it look like asking a twenty-five-year-old woman like you, who my husband is in love with for help?" I shook my head. Did she assume I had been older?

"I am not in love with him, also I want to help you. How about you stay with me? I have an extra room I can set up for you." She looked at me in my eyes before she shook her head.

"I will have to think about it." She said before she let go of me. "I am so sorry about the roses and accusing you of that. It must be hard." I nodded.

"Its fine but I have my...." I froze, what were Yuma and I. We didn't establish what type of relationship we had.

"Is he your boyfriend?" I sweatdropped and nodded.

"I guess you can say that." Her phone began to vibrate rapidly causing her to sigh.

"That is Katsuyoshi. He thinks I am down the street picking out some things for dinner. Can I get your number by the way ms...."

"Lucy and sure." She handed me her phone and I put in my information.

"Thanks again, Lucy."

"No problem Mrs. Matsu-"

"Nanami" I nodded.

"Nanami"