My Wonderful Uncompleted Story!

"I have inside me the image of a rock-hard diamond that nothing can get at, and nothing can crack, and I've always known that about myself." - Gloria Vanderbilt

His name is Yerson Reyes

His name is Yerson Reyes. Kind of unique right? (And he's sure cute...the dorky type of cute, that is!)

When I glanced into his eyes, I knew we were going to have a brawl. Me, an experienced writer, and him, my teacher. Surprise, surprise. I won that brawl.

That brawl wasn't real in the first place. For some reason, I thought he was really good at it until...

June 22nd, 2018.

I had bad menstrual cramps and was supposed to go home that day. I stayed at the clinic for some time until I decided to go back to the classroom where he was making the class watch a motivational video. I had excused myself way before his subject came due to the pain the cramps brought. I was surprised that despite coming in late, I wrote like my usual self. The video was just...somehow perfect for the both of us, having been both depressed at some time in our lives. He called me his senpai because he was amazed at how I write, much to my embarrassment. Nonetheless, I appreciated it and was truly humbled.

We started talking through Facebook chat Sunday afternoon. The first poem I sent was a recent poem I made, Broken Shards, coupled with one of my personal favorites, One life to live. He liked the latter. Soon after, I sent links to the poetry collections. He read some of them.

I don't know why I suddenly became attached to him. For some reason, I wanted to cling to him whenever I have problems, just like I was with my other advisers. We both had similar pasts. It was that what made us kind of click with each other in the first place. He's the kind of parent anyone would want anytime: a supporting, appreciative one.

I have yet to know about the depression he underwent before we even met, but there was one definitive trait that I really liked about him. He's ready to listen to you anytime. At times, he often doubts the way he teaches to the point where he asked me about it. There was something that made me really interested about him and I wanted to know about it. Though he never wanted to go into full detail about that depression, I totally understood why. He never wanted to bring back the pain he had to withstand during these times.

As I could say, his story is wonderful, yet incomplete in so many ways. Maybe because God wanted him to make something worthwhile and fulfilling, that's why he became a teacher. God wanted him to be a voice to everyone and I could see it through his eyes-the sadness and pain still there, but with hope that there will be a rainbow after the rain. That hope makes him alive and strong more than he's ever been his entire life, and with knowing me, I certainly think he has found someone resembling who he was before, and sees himself in me. After all, we are similar in a lot of ways, not just the fact that we went through dark times at certain points in our lives, but in the hope and strength that we find in each other.

Alternative dedication song: Kalafina - to the beginning (Fate/Zero 2nd OP)