Chapter 1

HAFA POV

It was an early Saturday morning. My mum had mentioned the previous day that we were going to a relative's house the next day. I woke up early to pray the morning prayer, Fajr. My parents were not up yet, so I slowly tiptoed to the toilet to do my Wudhu (ablution). The moment I was out of the toilet, I realised my whole family was up already. I put on my prayer hijab and said out "Allahu Akbar (God is Greatest)" and began to pray. The morning was peacefulas ever. I could feel my strong connection with Allah especially at the early hours of the day like now. Life felt perfect. Alhamdulillah (Thanks and Praise to God). But, there were indeed surprises awaiting ahead of me. 

RIYAZ POV

I was sitting at the living room of my house, trying to clean up the coffee table as much as I could. Damn. I was so bad at this organising matter. I could hear my mum screaming my name from the kitchen. 

"Riyaaaaaaaaaaaaz! Come here beta!" She hollered out.

"Coming Ma! Just one sec."

I went to the kitchen and she was having her back towards me, carrying something rather delicious as the wonderful aroma wafted past my nose.

"Yes Ma. Why did you call me?"

"Here. Try this for me."

"Mmmmm. Ma? Is this a new dish of yours? It tastes really different but nice."

"Yes beta. I was praying that this would turn out well."

"Why so anxious about how it turns Ma? Is it for the visitors coming today?"

"Yes beta. It has been a long time since Uncle Fahim and your dad saw each other. They met at the mosque the other night. They lastly saw each other in India as that was where they studied together. They both were so shocked to see each other here. Small world I say."

My mum had started her habit of rambling off when she became emotional. Then, she continued, "I myself have never seen their family, other than Uncle Fahim and his wife Aunty Rimza."

"Oh, I see."

"Anyway, go upstairs and ask your siblings to get ready. Do me a favour and make Riyadh go bathe and dress up please."

"No problemo mummy. And, please, stop stressing out and getting overly emotional."

My mum laughed a bit and I heard her say, "Will do beta," as I left the kitchen and went upstairs to where me and my siblings reside, meaning, to our rooms.

I was passing by my sisters' room . Both my sisters Shazana and Soha were dressed up and doing up their final touches. Girls and their hours of time-wastage in applying make-up and other facial products. Blahblahblah. I went into my room and found my seven-year-old brother Riyadh playing with my iPhone. I had to drag him out of bed and into the toilet. Just as I finished dressing up Riyadh, I hear the doorbell ring. Ahhh, so the visitors had finally arrived. 

A/N: Saalam everyone. Quite a bit of a slow start. I am hoping to slowly develop this story, InshaAllah. Do comment your opinions, I would really appreciate them. Thankyou! (: