Chapter 7

Alpha Frat House

The detective entered the frat house and scrunched his nose once he saw the messy house. Underwear was spread all over the floor, empty pizza boxes, a random sex doll on the couch and other disgusting things. The guys were a mess!

Manny walked down the stairs and tried to high-five the detective. "What up, man?" He greeted the middle-aged man. "I'm ready for whatever you hit my way, but I'm still a bit drunk." He laughed while sitting next to the sex doll.

"Well, I have a few questions regarding your whereabouts during the murder." The detective said while looking around for a spot to sit. He decided to lean against the fireplace, the cleanest spot in the house.

The tanned boy started thinking really hard. "Last night I was totally hooking up with some random freshman I met at the party." He smirked, proud of his small achievement.

The detective took notes and then looked at the boy. "Was the girl you were with Marnie?"

The guy shrugged. "Could be. I don't usually remember the names of the girls I hook up with." He explained. "Well, except for Dana but she's like super hot." Manny remembered something and then smiled. "I was pretty wasted last night but the girl was really cute. She had curly brown hair, shoulder length and the brightest blue eyes I had ever seen."

"Thank you for your time." The detective said, trying to get rid of the womanizer.

Manny stood up and was about to leave when he turned around. "Is the girl named Marnie?" The detective nodded and the boy left.

Finn showed up and smiled, his dimples visible. "So sorry for the mess. I wish I could tell you that it's usually cleaned, but that would be a lie." He chuckled. "Let's go to the office." He showed the way to the detective and opened the door to the office.

The detective sat on a chair and Finn sat behind the desk, facing the middle-aged man. "So, where were you at the time of the crime?"

The blonde boy thought for a second. "I left the party around 11 pm because I wasn't feeling well and went for a walk."

"Can anyone confirm your whereabouts?" The detective asked while taking notes.

Finn sighed. "I don't think so." He leaned forward. "Look, I was running from Sherrie cause, honestly, she's an awful person. Really hot, but awful!" The detective nodded in agreement while the boy ran his fingers through his hair. "I met the most amazing girl at the party and she is kind, pretty and awkward but I like that." He smiled.

The detective cleared his throat. "It amazes me how terrible your girlfriend is. And racist too which bothers me a lot."

The blonde boy nodded. "That's why I had to escape!" He paused for a solid minute and started playing the events of last night on his mind.

---

The previous night on the quad 

"Damn! I should have asked her name." Finn groaned in annoyance. "I always fuck up with girls."

"Dude, you seem to be having a tough night." A guy smoking a joint pointed out. "Want a smoke?" He asked with a dumb smile on his face.

Finn took the joint and had a nice and relaxing drag. "You have no idea! I met this girl and she was so unique and funny. Not to mention pretty!" He smiled. "But I didn't get her name and had to run away from my fucking annoying girlfriend."

The guy chuckled. "Just dump your girlfriend and go after the girl you actually like." He took a drag and smoke left his mouth in perfect circles. "I can't speak from experience cause I'm a fucked up marijuana user but when you find the right girl, you can't just sit down and wait for an opportunity. You chase what you want cause what you want is right!"

Finn laughed. "Dude, you're high as fuck!" The guy laughed as well and nodded in agreement. Suddenly, the blonde boy saw someone wearing an orange jumpsuit and a white mask, resembling Jason's in Friday The 13th. The person had a knife on their hand and then the strange person stopped in their tracks once they spotted both Finn and the other guy, but Finn pretended to laugh to make the person leave which worked. 

---

The Frat House

"You saw someone in a jumpsuit looking suspicious?" The detective raised an eyebrow.

Finn nodded. "Yeah. I only had one drag off the joint so I wasn't high. The person had a huge ass knife and looked really suspicious and it was right after Chad died, I think."

The detective closed his notepad and looked at the blonde boy. "I would like to speak to Parker."

"Sure, I'll call him." Finn shook the detective's hand and left the office to look for Parker. "It's your turn, my dude." Parker nodded and walked into the office.

The hazel eyed boy sat on the couch and looked at the detective who was glancing at him. "Where were you at the time of the murder?"

Parker thought for a moment before responding. "I was here the whole time. My sister sent me a bunch of texts but I didn't feel like going to the party."

The detective didn't leave his eyes from the notepad. "But you showed up at the party, correct?"

"Yeah, after getting sick of Olivia's incessant texts. My sister can be a pain in the ass." Parker smiled nervously.

The middle-aged man furrowed his eyebrows. "Can anyone confirm that you were here the entire time?"

Parker nodded without taking his eyes off the detective. "The Alpha pledges can. They weren't allowed to attend the party. Kappa rules, I guess."

The detective closed his notepad and smiled at the boy. "Thank you for your time, Parker." They shook hands and the detective left, feeling like the murders weren't as random as he thought.