Chapter 1

28 September, 2012

It was the day, the day that I may regret my entire life because of. Max and Siva had been planning this day since they received the letter from a girl in America. I had been sitting at home in Gloucester with my family, enjoying a nice night out. My blackberry, I left at home luckily, had gone off a good ten times before I had gotten back.

You see, I’m supposed to keep it on me just in case Jayne needs me, but I like to keep it off me just to annoy a few people. I had learnt many times before not to do this, but I still did.

“Ten missed calls from Jayne, not caring,” I said to myself when I had walked into my room. It was half passed twelve, half-drunk was all I was, and sleep was all I wanted. I fell onto my bed and passed out before I received any more calls I would not want to answer.

“Ring. Ring. Ring,” my phone went off, waking me up at two. I didn’t look at who was calling; I had just answered it not wanting to actually talk.

“Nathan! Nathan!” I heard Jayne yell through the phone. I hung up, but she called me back again, and again, and again, and again until I answered.

“What the fek do you want?” I had finally answered quarter tell three.

“I hope you’re packed, you have a plane to catch in just over three hours,” she told me. I flung my phone onto the ground looking at the time. Why on Earth do I have to go somewhere? I was in complete shock, quickly packing.

The cab had called was waiting outside to drive me to London. Though the whole ride was basically me making sure I had everything. I was still able to make it in time, feeling the fresh air sneak into my drunken brain. The moment felt good until I walked through the airport doors to Max waiting for me.

“Hey mate, everything alright?” he asked grabbing my luggage of maybe two bags. I still had to carry onto my MacBook, which was more than I wanted to carry. “Little Nath?”

“Sorry, what?” I shook my head trying to get awake.

“You were out last night; I can tell. Go to Tom, he’ll get yet some tea.” He pushed me over toward Tom, who was yelling at Jayne for not telling him why we were leaving earlier.

“Why are we going to America anyway?” I asked. “Can you get me some tea?”

“Nath, what’s today?” Siva asked quickly grabbing my shoulders.

“I have no idea,” I honestly answered.

“It’s the 28th of September. Whose birthday is near?”

“Effey! Fek I forgot about it!” Effey was my best friend, but more like sister to me. I always made sure I did things with her, but one thing I always did was forget her birthday.

“Here is some tea,” Max handed me a cup. I quickly drank it down, remembering the times when Effey and I would see who could drink a cup the fastest.

Jayne quickly pushed me into baggage check in; hearing out flight was about to board. The lady taking my baggage was being an arse as she pulled it away and placed it into the loading cart.

“Off to Narnia, anyone know where to thought? ;)” I tweeted. The time on the flight went by fast figuring everyone was merely either sleeping or watching every episode of one telly show. I took the easy way and slept, though many times I felt like I heard Jay pull out the flip. It was a long 10 hours, but when I felt Siva jumping with excitement, I knew we were about to go down.

“Nath, wake up!” Siva yelled sitting next to me. I opened my eyes and felt like hitting him in the stomach. My head felt like new, having the nice rest that was well needed. The feeling of walking off the plane was breath taking.

“Come on Nath, we have a lot to get done before you see Effey,” Jayne pushed. I put a smile on my face and continued to follow everyone toward the van. It was about half an hour drive to her town from Charlotte luckly figuring Max kept touching my ears.

“Stop it before I lick you! Wait for that until you see Effey,” I threatened, sticking out my tongue.

He quickly stopped, giving me a kiss on my head and whispered, “Don’t hide your feeling for her friend mate; who knows, it could be you and her one day.”