Prologue

You were running through the dense forest, trying to escape the wild Growlmon that chose you as its meal. An incision was visible on your leg from its claws. Pain consumed your body as you wanted to collapse and except your fate, but adrenaline kept you going. Tears ran down the sides of your face, fear visible in your eyes. You were capable of fighting but not in this state. You were too weak.

You were nearing the tree line when you tripped over a tree root that was out of the ground. You turned around to face the Growlmon, heart pounding in fear. Suddenly, a MetalGreymon came from the dense forest, tackling the Growlmon. You took this opportunity to stand up and run towards the tree line. Your breaths were shaky and short, barely enough to keep you from passing out from lack of oxygen. You ran as fast as you could, sprinting out of the forest and past the tree line. You slowed to a walk, clutching your side in pain.

You were currently walking on an old trail that led to the city. Most digimon that saw you in this state would more than likely ask you why you didn't digivolve. You would simply answer that you were too young to know how to digivolve. And no, you could digivolve, you were too weak to do it. Neutrals could digivolve when they want, so can Vaccines. Datas need to concentrate while Viruses need to use most of their energy.

You were now walking on a road, old and cracked from age. You decided to sit somewhere and relax. Your leg was aching severely from the pressure being pressed on it. Your walk turned to a limp as your leg could no longer take the pain. You wanted to fall on the ground, exhausted and hurt. But their was still a sense of hope that someone would find you and at least keep you until you were healed.

You neared a tree, taking deep breaths to try and ignore the pain. You instantly sat down, leaning your back against the dark oakwood of the tree. You closed your eyes, letting the pain subside. Adrenaline was still flowing through your veins, causing you to keep conscience. Your mind told you to relax and sleep while your body told you stay awake. You closed your eyes, taking deep breaths. Your mind wandered to what could have happened if that MetalGreymon didn't come out of nowhere. You shook the terrible thoughts from your head as didn't like that death was a possibility. Your heart slowed to a normal pace, pumping rhythmically. You decided to try to sleep, hoping someone will help.