"The Groom of Rosenberg..." Parts X-XI

The Groom of Rosenberg. 

Archived at the Buffy Rebecca verse (there are pictures.  )…

PG-13.  One or two violent scenes. 

Disclaimer: All BTVS characters remain the property of Joss Whedon, MutantEnemy, and all other owner/creators of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series. 

Summary: Just for fun.  I wanted to do a big creation scene in Sunnydalopolis but a "Bride of Frankenstein" scene couldn't quite work.  So.  Since "Bride" is one of my favorites…

Part X. 

The next day. 

A furious Katrina Mears storms out of the Mears home as Jonathan awaits Warren's emergence. 

Starting a "special" job for Ms. Rosenberg.  Likely the same "special" type of job that resulted in poor Buffy, Jonathan sighs to himself.  And her new partner that fellow Praetorius.  Likewise their employer in their "side business.”   Though Ms. Rosenberg was unaware of her lab assistants/family stepfootmen's side careers as organ stealers and rather amateurish magics practioners. 

"Trouble?" Jonathan innocently asks his partner as Warren comes out. 

I told you.  Using that "cerebral depressor" thing to get Kat to marry you was a bum idea.  Jonathan notes. 

Katrina stalks back. 

"Hell!.  Why should I leave?.  You twerp!.”   she raises a fist at Warren. 

"You get lost!.  And if marriage weren't a sacred institution.  And retaining our good family name a vital thing.”   she pauses.   "I'd have the police on you.” 

"For what?.  You gonna tell them I used magics on you?.”   Warren sneers. 

"No, sir.”   she halts, bowing.  Still a few latent commands holding. 

"I must not.” 

"Damn you!.”   she glares waving a fist.   "Get out!.  Now!.” 

"And Warren?.  Don't you give me any trouble about my support payments! Or I will go to the police! And seek a divorce, regardless of the scandal!.” 

"How much will you be sending me?" Warren smirks.  Nudging Jonathan. 

Whatever you deem fair, sir.  she halts and bows again. 

"Damn you!.”   she shrieks. 

(Glad to see marriage is still sacred in your future vision.  Angelis notes solemnly. 

Well, Dru sighs.  That was just a guess.  I didn't get many details about future society.  But surely some things remain inviolate. 

Wonder if any of those "cerebral depressors" really exist?.  Angelis wonders.  )

Willow, Praetorius, Jonathan, and Warren enter Willow's old lab.  On a distant edge of the Rosenberg estate.  Hidden from prying eyes by dirt roads, forests, and hills.  The lab itself a grim, bare, forbidding old castle tower, imported by Willow's dad from Europe years ago, like the main castle. 

Atop it, Willow's masterpiece.  The Cosmic Diffuser.  A rather phallic-shaped collection of energy receivers leading to a large platform on which the corpse to be reanimated is strapped down.  Allowing the energy of lightening and cosmic rays to revivify the corpse even as the Wolfram-Hart spell pulls the soul back into its brain. 

"Mind the steps.  They're a bit slick I expect.”   Willow notes, shining a flashlight on the stairs to the main lab. 

"I think it's a charming house.”   Andrew notes as they climb up.