In the beginning : Chapter 1

"when I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew" -William Shakespeare

I was born in the 1600's, 1632 to be precised to the baroness Leanna Leighton and the baron Alexander Leighton a kind hearted man who owned his own land in the heart of France when king Louie ruled the land and I lived my life in the comfort of freedom The world was my oyster and with my family at my side the future was filled with infinte possibilities.

"Your it,Sky!" my little sister, Leila exclaimed giggling as she poked her little finger into my side.

"Well you better run!" I replied, as I chased her though the grapevine that covered half an acre of land in our back yard. 30 acres of beautiful farmland and it was all mine (sort of).I swear when the sun rose you could see gold flakes dance as the sunbeamed over our land it was the most magical place in the world and my siblings and I playground. Well, mostly Leila and I playground my little brother Samuel was far too young still and attached to my mother leg like a koala to a tree. It was on the eve of my 17th birthday the summer of 1647, July 2nd and I couldn't be happier. Dad was in town for the day on some business and food run. But, he was due any moment. As the sunset over the valley the sky was a lake of red,oranges, and yellow, the sun sunk lower beyond the horizon leila and I had taken our favorite on the top of grape vine Leila lay her head on my shoulder and I slowly ran my fingers through her hair, unraveling her strawberry blonde free from her tangled braids , we were both a dirty mess our dresses crinkled and mud covered we giggled knowing we didn't care.

Twilight had just arrived when father returned home, Leila and I raced to our father giggling leaping on him just as he set his foot on land, we all fell to the ground giggling and laughing "Bonjour, mes chéris." He said kissing our heads "Look at my beautiful, daughters. All muddy and happy."

"Leila Skylar examiner l'état de vos " Mother hissed standing over us looking displeased Samuel hanging off her hip giggling , clapping his hands. My father quickly pulled us to our feet brushing his trousers off he gave a charming smile to my mother "Bonjour, Mon amour." leaning over grasping her chin with his thumb and finger he laid a gentle kiss on her lips and all the anger my other felt evaporated as she relaxed, I was in awe it was so cute but Leila face scrunched up as she made a gross out noise little Samuel frowned and leaned his little hand up poking father cheek he held his arms up "Père?" as my family soaked up the bliss of my father return my eyes drifted to the carrige he had stepped out from as a boy emerged from its open door his eyes caught mine electric charged through my body those cold blue eye enveloped me i stood frozen staring at him. He moved so gracefully it was like seeing an angel his tousled blonde hair hung perfectly over his forehead I swear I stopped breathing his smooth pink twitched up into a grin and I instantly snapped back into reality I turned my head my voice "Père? Who is this?"

Father turned on his heels Samuel now in his arms he stared at the mystery boy and smiled "My loves this is Ashton Whylde a long way from his home town London he's going to stay with us. Ashton this is my family" mother grabbed father arm pulling him back slightly and I knew dad was in major trouble I'll have to admit I was outraged too I could not believe this guy, this stranger was staying here, Leila skipped over to the beautiful mr Whylde and held her hand out "Bonjour, mon nom est Leila." dad interrupted "Sweetheart, he doesn't speak French." I crossed my arms scowling "Well then maybe he should go back to London." I gathered my skirt quickly and walked inside slamming the door behind me angry.

My my, what an impression she made simply beautiful. I smelt her before I saw her Lavender oil with a hint of jasmine combined with her personal scent I could melt. Skylar I assumed as I stepped out of my hidden shelter I was suppose to stay in the carrige until the family had gone inside but I couldn't help myself she had caught me off guard, just a peek just to see her face just to see the women who had bewitched in an instant my blood rushed as she turned to me. My god please give me strength not to claim her as mine . The way she looked at me with her big green eyes her brown hair hanging loosely around her shoulders mud streaked her dress I could tell her heart was beating fast this made me grin don't worry my sweet flower you have the same effect on me Mygaze turned to the small girl with strawberry blonde hair I smiled politely at her understanding every word she spoke but keeping my facade up I looked at mr Leighton confused as he spoke to his daughter Leila, Then raised an eyebrow at skylar as I heard her remark this made me smirk. Feisty I like it. "Ashton come along I'll show you to quarters."