the chaperone

Mitch woke up the next morning and went into the kitchen to see a breakfast laid out on the table along with a note.

Mitchy,
Your father and I are going on a three-day tour around our little island, so you have the villa to yourself! There's a nice young man we hired to check in on you a couple times a day–so don't be scared if you see him.
-mom

Mitch smiled and grabbed a piece of toast from the table before heading out to the balcony. From there, he could see a certain blond man walking along the beach. He was watching him and attempting to just look like he was simply watching the ocean, but that soon failed when the blond looked up at him and waved. Mitch hesitantly waved back and saw the man chuckle to himself before continuing on down the beach.

He was determined to talk to him at least once during this vacation. Something about him intrigued Mitch and made him hungry to get to know him.

-

It was a gorgeous day today in The Bahamas, but nearly every day was. It was hot and sunny so Mitch decided on actually going out and exploring a little bit. Their villa area had a couple bars, some other buildings, and some water activities he could do.

He threw on a pair of cute shorts and a tight white shirt before grabbing his wallet and leaving. After taking one last look in the mirror and adjusting his hair, Mitch locked up the house and went outside.

"Oh shit, sorry." Someone said as they bumped into Mitch and caught him before he fell.

Mitch stood up and turned around only to come face to face with a fellow brunet.

"Um, hi." He said awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. "I'm Sebastian. Your parents hired me to make sure you don't get into trouble while they're gone."

"Listen, that's nice and all but I'm an adult. So, how about I hire you to not have to keep watch over me?"

"But-"

"I came here to have a good time, not be chaperoned. Three grand sound good?"

Sebastian's eyes lit up momentarily. "Uh yeah, that could work. Just put in a good word for me."

"Of course!" Mitch beamed, heading back into the villa to grab the cash.

Mike and Nel wouldn't notice it anyways.

He put it in a bag and handed it to Sebastian when he came back out.

"T-thanks." He stuttered.

"Welcome. I'll see you around, I guess?"

"Sure."

Mitch thanked Sebastian and walked off. He was cute, but not exactly what Mitch was looking for. Now, off to find the cute blond lifeguard.