[Freak]tion II - Silent Song

Silent Song

I

It was January 26, Saturday, since Gabriel disappeared.

Today is January 31 the fifth day of his absence.

No one knows where Gabriel is. Our classmates and professors were asking me if I have any idea about Gabriel but I refuse to tell them my hunch about him being abducted by a lycanthrope named Silvertooth.

It would be too farfetched for them to believe a tale about lycanthropes being real.

Good thing Gabriel's parents will be returning here in March from Cebu city. I still have a month to search for Gabriel before his parents find out about the crisis of their son.

I'm in the verge of losing hope when I came to ask Vivian to help look for Gabriel.

It's 2 in the afternoon and the weather is gloomy, but the rain hasn't poured down yet.

Vivian and I were staying in my room tracking Silvertooth and Gabriel with the use of her teal orb. She's sitting on the chair of my study desk while I'm standing behind her.

Vivian Valdez is already a 422 year old girl.

During her heydays supernaturals feared her; as she has the total control of things in her place where even many Datus of the archipelago seek her for her ability.

Vivian is a witch who collects spectres, ghosts and ectoplasms as part of her black magic. She used these ghosts as spies, guards, trackers, information collectors, battle pawns and even her own source of magic power.

But sadly, when she was 82 years old she encountered the Legendary Fire Bird Phoenix who put an end to her life. Vivian was mercilessly incinerated but on the verge of dying she used a spell to reincarnate her soul into a phantom.

Reincarnating herself was successful but the lack of energy to form herself into a fully adult phantom gave her a physique comparable to a puny 14 year old girl instead.

Despite being a reincarnated into a phantom kid, Vivian still has her magical prowess which was doubled by being a ghost herself. For the past hundred years, she gained more acknowledgement by other supernaturals and thus being named as the Phantom Witch Apparition.

Honestly, I like her as a kid because she seems to be more unpredictable.

She wears an oversized white shirt and denim shorts with her flat jelly shoes and pulled out braided twin tails hairdo which reveals her big forehead. In case you're wondering, she can give objects an astral form so that she can used it, best example would be her clothes.

Vivian's credibility was the reason I pushed myself to ask her for help, but she needs something in return.

We agreed for a trade.

Asking something to someone as well known as the Phantom Witch Apparition is not going to be for free right?

So both of us agreed that she will help me recover Gabriel in exchange, I will sing her an ancient song to be recorded in her teal orb.

---I have no idea what's the use of the ancient song for her but still I agreed.

"Milady Sampaguita, I cannot track him." Vivian said.

"Just call me Sam, anyway why?"

"My ghosts said that they were being suppressed."

"What do you mean?"

"Sam someone is interfering...someone with huge supernatural pressure" Vivian warily said.

We started to feel the supernatural pressure and we were frightened by the intensity.