Chapter I

Hello everyone! I am back after 2 years (maybe? I'm not sure), but I recently got inspired to write some fanfic again and I really wanted to do something with the World Cup and Peter Parker hahaha. This story was just itching to get itself written and I obviously caved in. It is my first story after a few years of not writing so sorry in advance if there are some mistakes. I promise to edit this once I have some free time! I just really wanted to post the story.

Some key points: The story is written from the reader's POV (I think I somewhat failed at this, so sorry again) and it is a Mexican!reader (female, sorry if I didn't make it gender neutral!). The story is a bit AU since I completely ignored anything/everything that has to do with Infinity War (Thanos doesn't exist, no one disappeared, Earth is safe, yadda yadda yadda). I just needed Peter to be alive for the World Cup okay? I think that's about it. I hope you all enjoy the story! 

I also recently made a Tumblr account and my username is AstoriaWriter14. If you want to follow my account by all means go for it. The format is a bit boring, but I will be posting some fanfics on there as well. 

I also have a video to give you all a taste on how Mexican fans celebrated the win for this incredible game! They even sing Cielito Lindo! Really exciting to hear! Good luck to all the teams participating in the World Cup, but a special shout out to Mexico! 

Que viva México!!!

~~~~~

It's around 10:35am on this fine Sunday morning, but you know why this particular Sunday is extremely special. Not only is it Father's Day, but today is Mexico's first match in the 2018 World Cup and the long strip of Roosevelt Avenue in Queens is very much alive and bursting with excitement. Last week, you invited Peter at school if he wanted to join you and your family in watching the upcoming game. Being the good boyfriend he is, Peter gladly agreed (especially since he could never say no to you).

Yesterday you texted him the station where you two will meet and from there walk to the restaurant together. You were too busy checking your phone that Peter easily sneaks up behind you and plants a surprise kiss on your cheek.

You jump and turn around, but your shoulders relax when you see your lovely boyfriend with his famous brown locks. "Peter! You made it!"

"Did you think I wasn't going to come? I'm offended," Peter playful scoffs as he places his left hand over his heart. You roll your eyes, but chuckle before giving him a quick kiss on his lips. "So where are going?"

"To this restaurant called Taqueria Coatzingo. One of the best Mexican restaurants in Jackson Heights!" You explain as you hold his right hand and lead the way down the street. "I told my parents I would meet them there a few minutes before the game starts because I was waiting for you. You're going to love the food, Peter! The make these incredible classic dishes like carne asada tacos, bistec a la Mexicana, or if you're feeling quite adventurous: carnitas en salsa verde o roja, but whatever you choose, I promise you it will be a party in your mouth."

The sixteen year old superhero rubs his stomach. "That all sounds delicious. Maybe I'll take some food back for Aunt May. I'm sure she would love it."

As you chattered away about the World Cup, Peter's eyes glances around the vibrant avenue and is overwhelm over the happy chaos he sees. There were fans wearing bold, colorful outfits that embodied the Mexican flag. Some had luchador masks over their faces, others sporting large sombreros with comfortable ponchos. Peter even notices a man dressed up in a costume full of feathers with the face of an eagle perched on his head.

He turns his attention to you and sees the Mexican jersey you were proudly wearing. Peter then looks at himself and realizes how underdressed he felt: a boring blue button up shirt and denim jeans. He purses his lips and chastises himself for not putting more effort. He could have at least worn something green or red.