i. an encounter

MAXINE MAYFIELD was riding her skateboard down the front sidewalk of her new school when she slammed into a tall raven haired boy that seemed to have appeared from no where

"oh shit! i'm so sorry," she said as the boy reached out his hand to help her up. she took it and stood up, almost losing her balance again when she made eye contact.

she was shocked by the beauty in this boy. she forgot where she was for a moment, and the boy wondered what was wrong with her as she stared blankly.

he noticed how beautiful she was. she had eyes the color of the ocean, and he stared deeply into them. her long auburn hair flowed off her shoulders like lava: fiery, hot, and magnificent.

she realized where she was again and shook her head to bring her self back into reality.
"hey, uh sorry for running into you.." she said, pausing before adding on, "have we met?"

"uh, i don't believe so..i'm michael," the boy replied and she noticed how perfectly his hair curled around his features.

"i'm maxine. i uh..i gotta go. bye," she said quickly before rushing away on her skateboard. she needed to leave before her cheeks turned the color of her hair.

"oh..okay. well uh..bye max," he replied longingly as she skated away from him. he smiled to himself, thinking back on the encounter he'd just had.