Chapter One

Everything sucks! I hate everyone! They all have their good grades and their big smiles. All the girls have their short skirts and prissy little faces. The boys have their manly charm and sporty ways. Everyone's the same! It makes no sense. There all in a timed schedule. Like robots. The ways the girls bat their eyes and the boys show their muscles. Makes me sick. They look at me like I'm the insane one. Like I am the cr-

"Ingrid!" I sat up. The class laughed. "Is my lecture this boring!"
"No, all of them are." I said trying to make a joke. Only a few kids laughed. Most stared in dismay, and so did the teacher. "Ingrid I will not have you sleeping in my class!" She said ignoring my comment. "I wasn't slee-"
"Go to Mr. Wheyman's office. NOW!" She pointed to the door. I trotted my way out the door. Looking like it didn't upset me, because it didn't. I go to his office a lot for "sleeping." I'm just thinking, isn't that what she wants.

I entered his office. "Again, Ingrid." He said "I know, I like to daydream."
"Well you better stop because you're almost failing Calculus. Your right on the edge of having an F in her class." I said nothing.
"Your other grades aren't looking good either. C's in English, Geography, and Chemistry. You do have a A in engineering though. Do you like that class?"
"Eh, it's the only thing I'm good at so I'll probably get a job in that field." I said. It's true I did like engineering. "Well you need science and math to be an engineer so you better raise those up shouldn't you." I rolled my eyes. In engineering class, my partner Gabriella does all the math stuff and I do the creative stuff. "The point is, you should stop daydreaming and actually start learning a few things. One more time sent to the office and I'm going to have to call you parents and tell them what a mess your being. You wouldn't want that would you?"
"No," I said as I grabbed a hall pass out of his hand. My parents would actually hurt me if he did.

"Why can't you be like your sisters Augustina and Layla?" I slammed the door and ran. I went to the bathroom and looked at myself. Why can't I be like my family. I'm just not like them. I get bad grades while my sister is in the best college in the country. I poked at my big, long nose. The rest of my family have beautiful features, why can't I. They are so pretty. I looked at myself again. My short, dark brown hair that reaches a little past my chin. My dull face with bland features. I have plain hazel eyes, not the pretty hazel kind. I did have a relatively good body shape, just a bit wide on the shoulders. All I do is compare my self to my perfect family, and it gets the better of me. I tear escaped my eye and I immediately wiped it away. I held my tears in as the lunch bell rang. I headed towards the cafeteria.

I met up with Gabriella (my engineering partner) and Helen as we grabbed lunch. I sat down with my "friends" at the lunch table. My "friends" are Gabriella, Helen, Tammy, Cecilia, Serilda, Agatha, Jenna, Camila, and Mary Lee. They aren't really my friends. In my school it's all about numbers. It doesn't matter if you like the person, they're a number, which leads to popularity. My "friends" don't really talk to me besides when we're talking one on one. Mary Lee and I are the outsiders. That's why I like her the most. Gabriella and Mary Lee are my only two friends. We all have names for each other to sound more like a group. I'm "The spiritual one." Mary Lee is "The scaredy-cat one," which is very fitting. All of the girls picked me to be in their group because I'm a Melson and Augustina and Layla Melson are the best people ever! Ugh!

The other girls were talking and I put on my noise canceling headphones. I drift off.

Suddenly I am surrounded by trees, many of them. I start to twitch. "Hello? Girls?" I shout. The black clouds seeped over me. It started to rain. I open my mouth because I'm thirsty. It tastes weird. It brought me back to my childhood roots. I used to taste that familiar taste when I got...A CUT! OH MY GOSH IT'S BLOOD! It seeped through my hair and my clothes. I ran. As I ran, I noticed popping out of the tree holes there were eyes! Eyes glaring at me. I screamed.

I banged my head on the table. "Ouch!" I said. The girls look over. "You okay Ingrid?" Agatha said. Her face full of makeup. "Uh yeah..." I said looking around. "Not going to eat any of your food, you sure have been staring at it for a while." Gabriella said. "How much time has passed?" I asked Gabriella. "Uh 25 minutes." She said looking at her phone. "You still got 20 minutes to eat." Weird. It must have been a daydream. A scary one. I've never had a scary one before.

I finish the day and I come home to my ginormous house. I have everything, but nothing at the same time. I walk in to be greeted by my mom. "Hey honey, raise up that math grade yet. It better be by the end of the week!"
"I'm working on it!" My mom is use to be a huge singer, selling records all over the country. Now she helps run a modeling company and she's the main model. My mom is a shorter woman with blonde hair (but most of it's extensions) and dark blue eyes. You know that typical girl everyone likes. She looks like a mom trying to stay young and fresh. The plastic surgery is overwhelming. "Yes, I'm working from home today. The office didn't need me to come in today or tomorrow. Layla! Come down and greet your sister!"

My sick sister slouched down the stairs. Layla was an exact copy of my mom. The blonde hair and blue eyes. Layla's hair is longer reaching down to her lower back, but you'd never know because she always has it into a bun. My sister has almost straight A's and is taking all higher level classes. She won prom queen with her boyfriend this year. Ew. My mom won prom queen at Layla's age too. Layla is a senior and the most popular girl in her grade. She's had 5 boyfriends just this year and every time she says, "This is the one." She wears tight outfits and for work she helps my mom. (What a suck up.) She's staying in state for college so she can spend more time with the family. "Hey Ingrid." She said blowing her nose. "What is that awful buzzing noise?" I asked. "Oh it's my phone. My friends and people from school are wishing me well." She said. "That's awfully nice of them." My mom said. The phone would go off about every 30 seconds.

"Where's Augustina?" I asked. Augustina is staying with us for the week. It's during her spring break. Not ours though. "She's in the office." My mom said. I walked upstairs to the office. "She doesn't want anyone to disturb her." My mom called after me. "She's working." She's on her spring break vacation and she's still working. Augustina is definitely the prettiest of my family. She has beautiful bright chestnut hair. Her hair is long and wavy and it reaches the bottom of her chest. She has natural freckles on her forehead and right cheek. She has great skin and a body like an angel. She is the most beautiful thing ever. She works as an interior designer. The best in 4 states to be exact. She is really good.

"Gotta go pick your brother and sister up from school. Be back in a few." My mom left. My brother Malik is in 8th grade. He is a red head with brown eyes. Of course since he's a Melson he attracts everybody. Malik is the big shot kid. He's like me. He's nothing without his name. He won't go far. My sister is named Elise. She is nine and adorable. She only wears dresses and she has the same colored hair as Augustina. Elise's hair is always messy and she's always the teacher pet. My dad is one of the most famous judges in the world! He solves many serious cases and he is known as the comedic judge. Everyone loves him.

I went to lay in bed instead of doing my homework. That unsettling feeling from lunch reappeared.
——————————————————————

Author's Note: I know this chapter was boring as hell but I needed to introduce the atmosphere and her family and stuff. I gets better trust me. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K VIEWS ON MY BOOK "PITIFUL TRAGEDY!" AHHHHH!