02 | Hope, V, & Ice Cream

A/N: A BTS short story

"Even though there were no casualties, I still managed to get ice cream on his cheek."

Calling

Calling...

...

...

...

"Yellow"

"Hey, I'm free today and I was wondering if you wanted to come over and hang."

"Sure, I'll be on my way!"

"Okay see you in a minute"

"See you in a second"

Call ended

I better go check if I have everything on the list. Ice cream, check. Fruits, check. Blanket, check. Nice weather, check. Ready to go.

***

Ding dong

He's here! I rush towards the front door, and as I open it I am greeted with a smiling J-Hope... accompanied by a bright-bandana-looking V. This was unexpected. "V, what are you doing here?" I ask as I signal them to come in. "J-Hope invited me cause he said I looked bored." Said V gesturing at J-Hope. "Well then, I prepared a little picnic outside so we could chat while stuffing our faces with ice cream."

"Oh gosh am I third wheeling? I didn't know this was a date." Asks a confused V. J-Hope cheeks heated up at the thought, but I quickly answered. "I didn't plan a date. I thought everyone else was busy except him. Guess I'll look for some extra materials for V." J-Hope's confused-self asks "Materials? What exactly did you plan?" I start walking towards the backyard and say "Why don't you two follow me to find out." I made a quick stop at the kitchen to get a spoon and a glass for V and proceeded to the backyard. When we get to the picnic area, I see their faces light up at the scenery in front of them. A giant blanket on the floor with a bowl of sliced fruits in every color, a tub of vanilla ice cream, some spoons, and 2 (now 3) glasses ready to be filled. "The fruits are there to add some flavor to the ice cream. I didn't know which ones you liked so I got them all."

"This is so nice of you." Said V and J-Hope added, "And it wasn't even for you." The 3 of us sat around the bowl of fruits and the tub of ice cream and started serving away. We were chatting about the group, what I was up to, and other stupid stuff.

"Y'know if you eat like that every day, it's gonna make your muscles grow." Said V looking at J-Hope's glass, which was full of both ice cream and fruits. Then J-Hope starts showing off his guns and I try not to laugh as I'm eating my ice cream, but I can't help but smile at the huge dork he's being right now. "If you keep it up I will spill my ice cream because of how stupid you look," I say with a mouthful of ice cream and a big smile. J-Hope just ignores me and keeps goofing off while I try to eat in peace.

***

"Man I'm so full..." I say lying on the grass. I didn't finish my fourth serving all the way, it still had a couple of fruits covered in melted ice cream. I offer them my leftovers by saying "Does anybody want my leftover strawberries? There's one for each of you." They gladly say yes and I feed them the strawberries. With my spoon, I try to let the juicy red fruit fall in V's mouth. Even though there were no casualties, I still managed to get ice cream on his cheek. J-Hope told me to throw it in his mouth for some reason. I made it and we celebrated and screamed like children. After the short celebration, J-Hope then laughed at V and said: "Now your hair looks all messed up." And I proceeded to fix it. "That's not how its supposed to be!" He said, using his phone as a mirror while J-Hope and I couldn't stop laughing at the ridiculous hairstyle I gave him.

***

"Bye guys, tell the others I said hi and I miss them!" I scream from the front door. "We will." Said J-Hope while getting in the car. Before V got in the car with J-Hope, he said: "Jungkook's gonna be jealous when he finds out that we had ice cream on the date I so gladly interrupted." I laugh and wave goodbye at them. After they leave, I hear my phone buzz-in a text.

J-HOPE'S CUTE ISN'T HE? AND DID I HEAR "DATE"?! 🙊
--BEST FREN

It was my childhood bestie and neighbor. I thought she was too busy practicing piano, turns out she was spying on me again.

WE'RE JUST FRIENDS I TOLD U!
-- ME

😏
-- BEST FREN