Susan Charming

Susan's POV

Mondays are probably the worst days in history. You have to start going back to school for the week, the weekend is over, and the stupid alarm clock. I mean, really? Who needs to wake up at 5:30 in the morning. Me apparently. The brightside, I guess, is that I have a great teacher. Ms. Autumn Blanchard. She, as well as my friends, Veronica, Gloria, Faith and Hope always seem to make school a little more bearable. Then there was my little bro, Henry. He himself was a beacon of happiness. Though, one complaint I do have about him is his book of fairytales. He kept going on and on about how I was the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming, and our adoptive mother, Regina Mills the Mayor, was the Evil Queen, who apparently curse every fairytale character by taking away their happily ever afters. And on days like Monday, I kinda believe it. "Sue. Sue. Susan. Suzzie." I groaned, looking up from my homework to see Henry sitting across the booth from me. The sound of talking always seemed to fill Granny's Diner, but with Henry talking, it's like we're sitting in a ghost town.

"What's up, little bro? I'm kinda busy here." I said, motioning my homework.

"I have a request for you and Ruth." The young boy said with a smirk. I sighed.

"What kind of request?"

"I want you to come on a trip with me." Henry said. A teen girl with brown hair and blue eyes set down two mugs of hot cocoa with whipped cream and cinnamon.

"Make that three, Ally. Something tells me that we'll be having a guest." I said to the girl. Ally gave me a smile.

"Coming right up, Sue." She said, before turning and walking away. I gave Henry a look, taking a sip of my hot cocoa.

"Why now?" I asked.

"Because I found my birth mother." I look at Henry with wide eyes as I place my cocoa down. I lean towards Henry, giving him a glare.

"What are you thinking, looking for her. She gave you up ten years ago wanting nothing to do with you."

"She gave me up to give me my best chance. Come on, she's your sister!"

"What are you talking about?" I growl slightly.

"Henry, Susan, is everything ok?" I turn to see a woman with blonde hair and green eyes.

"Ruth!" Henry cheered. He patted the seat next to him, causing Ruth to sit down.

"What's going on?" Ruth asked as Ally placed a mug in front of her. "Thanks, Al." Ruth said, handing Ally some money.

"Me and Sue are going on a trip, and we need a supervisor." Henry said. I looked at Ruth.

"We're not going on a trip."

"Where would we be going? It can't be very far, since I don't have a car." Ruth said. I sighed and face palmed as Henry cheered.

"You'd be a horrible mother." I said giving Ruth a deadpanned look. "Your kids would get away with everything."

"And that's a bad thing?" She turned to Henry. "Where are we going anyways, kid?"

"Boston." Ruth looked at Henry with wide eyes.

"Kid, we're in Maine. Driving to Boston alone takes somewhere around 6 hours. And like I said before, I don't have a car."

"I've already thought of that. Please Ruth. It's my mom."

"What does the Mayor have to do with this?"

"Not her, his birth mother, apparently." I said. Ruth sighed and looked at Henry.

"Kid..."

"Please! They're your two's sisters." Henry said, looking at me and Ruth. Oh yeah. There's that thing too. Apparently in Henry's storybook, me and Ruth are sisters with two other sisters. Or something.