A Sleepless Night

That night Kyda's usual nightmares weren't allowing her any sleep, especially due to the fact she was having them even when she was awake. She knew she was going insane but she wanted to try and contain it. She had to, for her sake and the sake of others. She decided to go out for a walk. She was strolling through the forest at night. To her it was beautiful and very relaxing. Though soon a cry was heard from further into the forest. She assumed at first it was a cat or a crow since it sounded like a crying baby. However her intuition told her to check it out anyway so she did. She followed the sound and soon found a baby lying on the forest floor. The child was covered in dirt, twigs, and leaves, not even wrapped in a blanket or anything. She took off her cloak and wrapped the child in it and held the child gingerly to her chest. "You poor thing. Who could've just abandoned you like this?" She spoke softly and noticed the baby had blood in its mouth. She took a corner of her cloak and wiped it away. That's when it hit her. This must be a sickly child that had become a burden to its parents. She held the child a bit tighter to her chest. "Forgive me sweetie but I don't know what else to do." She spoke softly though the child was sniffling from the pain it was in. She pricked the baby with her black fingernail and shared her new dark aura with the child. She saw everything. She pulled her nail away with angry tears in her violet eyes. "I won't give up on you like they did sweetie."She spoke to the baby as if she could understand her. She looked up and noticed it was a full moon, which made her smile a bit. "That's it. My sweet little raven will be named Tsuki. After the moon herself." She spoke the cradled the baby in her arms and walked back home with her. She didn't have much in the way of baby things but she was a crafty individual. She had managed to decently master the teleportation part of her abilities and she used this to get what she needed for the child. Who would see anything just disappearing and expect it to actually be a person doing it? She took the child and washed her up, put her in clean clothing and held her as she made a bottle. She added a few herbs to the bottle that are pain killers and soon fed the child before putting her to bed. "Goodnight sweetie." She pecked the child's forehead before making herself comfortable on the couch. "My first clansmen is a baby. Heh, well if I wasn't weird before I just got qualified." She spoke out loud to herself. "This is going to be interesting. I'll be bringing a baby to the meeting whenever that may be." She continued to speak before glancing over at the sleeping child with a smile. Before finally she was able to rest herself.