I thought you understood?

Madeline's pov:

"MADELINE!" Dean, my boyfriend, shouted irritatedly disrupting me from my call.

He'd been rude like this for days now and whenever I try ask him if something's wrong he'd just shrug and say that nothing was wrong. He was pissed and I was pissed we were both pretty much pissed.

"What? I'm on my phone with Holly!" I shouted back in response. I heard shuffling noises from the floor above me and then thumping noises gradually proceeding downstairs.

Holly on the phone says "Is he still mad at you?" Holly's my cousin her parents took me in when I was 12 after the accident happened way back then.

"Yeah he's still being an asshole for some reason and I still don't know why! He'd been passive aggressive for days now HOLLY!" I whisper-shout into the phone.

"Well nothing's going to happen if yout don't talk to him!" Holly replied.

"Um I already tried talking to him and he keeps shrugging it off!" I reply.

"Well keep trying who knows maybe today's your lucky day!" Holly said.

"But I-! Hey stop that!" I abruptly cut off as mr. Moon rubs his face on my legs meowing for affection. I hate that stupid cat.

"I have to go Maddy the donut shop isn't going to close itself! Also stay safe bye!" Holly ends the call.

"F*ck!" I cussed loudly to myself as the cat slowly walked away. I leaned against the wall and slowly sat down for a solid minute or 2 until I shot back up and confronted Dean who was in the living room at the momment doing whatever I think he was looking for something.

"Hey Dean babe you've been very tense lately and I just want to know why?" Was the words I had in my head ready to confront him with.

As I got into the living room he was sitting on the carpeted floor looking searching for something underneath the coffee table.

"Hey Dean you've been pretty intense lately and I just want to-" I was about to talk to him about it but he cuts me off anyways and says.

"Is it about us?" He asked sternly now sitting straight looking at the t.v. before looking right at me.

I shook my head. "No I mean yes I want to know why you've been soo angry with me and whenever I'm around th-thats all!"

"Well maybe if you took the goddamn time to think about it you'll know WHY!" Dean angrily shouted.

I froze, why is this happening?