Body Like A Back Road

Their relationship was thriving and so was Roman's rehab. In the past few months, he was able to abandon the crutches and continue forward with working out. He still had a brace just for added protection but was no longer using the one he had from post op. His cousins were back in town as the show had returned to Pensacola. Roman was excited to at least go watch a show, even if he couldn't be involved physically just yet.   Roman packed up the car and headed out to the arena with the plans of surprising Draya at work.

The thoughts of The Miz's trash talk lingered in his mind as he continued to drive. He replayed it all in his head as he pulled up to the arena. The words burned into his memory as he thought of the things The Miz had said to Draya. His eyes narrowed and his brows knitted as the intensity continued to build. He knew he couldn't lose his cool at this show given he still hasn't been cleared to compete. "I could just be REALLY, REALLY careful and just beat his face in. I mean trading jabs can't be that stressful on the knees can it? Draya would kill me if I reinjured my knee. I just want to rip him apart limb from limb. If he starts shit tonight, I'm ending it. That's it. They better be prepared." He nodded his head slowly as a devious smile appeared across his face. He pulled all the way into the parking garage to hide the fact that he was there from the people waiting to enter. He slipped in and headed to the locker room to hang out with his cousins.

A loud thunderous pounding was heard from inside the locker room as Jimmy and Jey played Madden on the PlayStation. "Man, who the fuck is that knocking like they the police? WHO IS IT?" Jimmy yelled out as they watched the door vibrate from impact. "Don't make me buss yo ass. We stay ready homie!" Jey called out.

"Uce, it's me open the damn door bro. Y'all ain't gonna do shit but lose with whatever bullshit team you playing as. I'm got next against whoever wins." Roman said as he stood outside the door. The twins rushed to the door. They opened it and jumped up on Roman playfully. They hadn't seen him since he had been injured and was glad to see him back.

"WHAT'S UP FAM?! Man, you've been gone so long. Driving ain't the same without you man. Jey already got two tickets for speeding in two separate states. It was easier when you drove. Then we could just sleep." Jimmy teased as they walked back to their seats. Roman shook his head in disbelief. "Jey, that's a damn shame. He watched the two continue their game.

"So, I see you and Draya have been doing good. Naomi won't stop gloating about how her match making skills are on fleek. It's good to see you happy though. I don't think any of your ex's hold a candle to Draya." Jimmy said as he made a run on the game. "Lisa, crazy ass sholl can't compete. Remember that time she went ape shit and busted up your car cause she thought you was with another girl and it turned out to be Aunt Patti. Aunt Patti damn near caught a case that night. She came out there swinging that bat around." The two burst out into laughter as they recalled the incident. Roman looked on obviously not amused by the ordeal.

"Lisa, wasn't my best choice. I know that now. It didn't start off that way. She just changed, but all of that is behind me now. I know they have a promo event for NXT coming up and I am thinking of asking her to be my date. I'm ready for the world to know what she means to me." Roman proclaimed as he looked down at his hands before pushing his hair back out of his face. Roman continued to talk to his cousins as he watched their game.

Meanwhile, Draya was in the training area getting things ready for the show. She felt her phone buzz and looked down at her smartwatch to check the notification. The number was unfamiliar so she ignored it initially. She continued with her duties as she felt the buzz again and looked down at the number. "Hello?" She answered the mysterious caller. "STAY AWAY FROM ROMAN! HE'S MINE!"the caller said before hanging up. Draya looked down at the phone and tried to call the number back to no avail. She went back to her tasks but the thought caused a huge distraction.