Chapter One

I sat in my usual corner under the window watching the kids go by laughing and joking and of course picking on the other kids. I was waiting for time to tick on by but it seemed to be going slowly by, it feels slower than usual, which made me feel like today was going to be a long and hard day.
I have felt like I have lived today already and that I am just reliving the slow painful memory. It seems to be the same thing everyday nothing ever seems to change...
Maybe that's for the best, it has been a while since we got here and we, well, she has settled in. She seems at home here. One less thing to worry about.
I could always sense when she is near I don't know how or why but I can usually tell how she feels before she even knows it, but lately she has been distant and something has been seeming off but maybe it's just me I can't seem to focus anymore. Maybe am getting tired of all the running and hiding. Or maybe I just need a good nights sleep.
I tried my best not to turn her way when she walked in from the stairwell. I tried my best but something told me to look and I couldn't stop myself. She was heading my way.
"Hello there my lovely" she smiled at me with a glimmer of a plan in her eyes, I sighed "Oh what wrong sweetie?"
"You are" I replied keeping my voice as low as possible but still high enough for her to hear. She looked confused for a moment, you could see her putting it all together as she stared at me with vacant eyes and once she got it the look of apology in her eyes was enough
"Oh," she sighed
"What was the plan?" I asked with curiosity getting the better of me I knew I shouldn't but I was bored the past 2 years have gone by so slowly it feels like ten years stuck here but I am thankful I have one person that knows me before here. I looked around to make sure no one was close enough to over hear. We faced opposite directions with a mean look on our faces to make it look like we hated being near each other to keep our cover story alive.
This is the only place I have felt safe in even with the stalkerish person here. This is the place to be to lay low that's for sure to many children to pay attention to, to focus on two of them. So many different people in one place for anyone to stick out even with the bullies here its still a nice place to be. The security lacks quite a bit that's better for us, there are so many place to hide and to be unseen thankfully, so even if they find us here it has the best chances to get out and away without being caught or seen.
No one was looking our way or close enough to hear what she was wanting to say. She seemed reluctant to share, which made me wonder what it was so much more. Seconds turned in to minutes and then the bell rang. I looked at her in the eyes for a second then I pushed her in to a crowed of passing students that were slightly older than us.
"Wow, what's your problem?" Asked a tall slim pale skinned blonde girl as she avoids losing her balance
"I don't have a problem do you?" I replied trying to sound angry to give Aingealag the chance to hit me back she didn't take it. I looked at her, she was stunned, I wasn't sure why. Then just after a second of me looking at her, her face went a darkish colour of red, she stood up and looked at me with rage in her eyes, it almost looked like they were glowing with the rage that seemed to radiate off of her it was almost scary as I turned to walk away she tackled me to the floor punching, slapping, and scratching me.
I tried grabbing her arms but she was to fast, I have pushed her too hard for the past 4 years and by the look of her eyes I have pushed her past her limits, its funny in a way I always thought I would be the one that lost it. A few minutes past before we were separated by Mr McDougall the head of our guidance group. He looked at the two of us with concern and disappointment set on his face.
"Hi Mr McDougall" I smiled as blood tricked down my neck "how are you today?"
"Don't start" was all he said to me "Carly, Jo take Aingealag to my office and stay with her until I get there, everyone else get to class"
"Drama here I come" I muttered to myself feeling slightly light headed
"No you don't you get to the nurse she will be there in five minutes" he stated turning away from me.
I groaned, this was not meant to happen. She was suppose to hit me once after I pushed her and we were to get caught and sent to the office where we would be alone and can talk but no I had to push her over her limits, I can honestly say I never seen that coming. I wished I had, maybe if I paid more attention, then I would know exactly what was wrong with her, if I was any kind of friend then maybe she would not of snapped and we wouldn't be in trouble.
I decided to go to class instead of the nurse. I thought maybe if I write a note and get someone to go up with it and give it to her then we can maybe avoid what might be coming our way. I nipped to the toilet to clean myself up first before heading to class. I wrote the note while the register was being taken and given it to Emily when she left to take the afternoon absent slip up to the main office. She looked a bit off about doing it but she agreed after a moment.
Time passed and I started to feel strange, I sat down in a dark corner when the phone rang I couldn't really hear much it was a bit jumbled. The next thing i knew i was being faced with a teary Aingealag, which soon sobered my translucent vision.
"I thought you were dead" she cried
"Me? Dead? You jokin' right?" I smiled trying not to flinch with the pain, I have to be the strong one, if she knew half of whats happened when she hasn't been around she would freak and blame herself, but she is my good luck charm, nothing seems to happen much when she is around. "you of all people should know nothing is gonna kill me on this planet"
She smiled faintly for a few moments. Then her face grew dark and lifeless for a few seconds which scared me I have never seen that look on her. It reminded me of something but I cant seem place it anywhere. When she noticed me looking she smiled and there was no trace of the darkness that was on her face just moments ago.
"What happened to you?" I asked
"Nothing" she replied walking away from me
"Liar" i smiled "tell me the truth, am a big girl I can handle it... I think"
"Nothing" she whispered almost too low for me to hear
"You know I can tell when are lying" I joked
"You want a cup of tea or something? I think I know how to make it now" she asked turning around with a smile on her face and that beautiful light on in her eyes. It reminded me of the good times we have had since our adventure together started but looking back on it now a lot has changed. Her mood, her personality and her state of mind have darkened a lot. She use to be the one with light only she never got depressed, angry or anything like that, but lately that's mostly what she has been, depressed, lonely, dark, moody and angry. Its kind of scaring me if I am honest but I must not let her know. I have to keep her safe no matter what...